Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 11, 2007

We got a Region!!!

The long version--- (scroll down for the short version if you don't have time for this....)

Thursday was your typical day at the pharmacy. Not too busy, but not very slow either. I was keeping up just fine :) The phone rang, as it had been all day long, and as I answered it, I had very little suspicion as to how this particular phone call would change my day.

"Roseville Pharmacy, this is Debbie, how can I help you?" I asked of the caller. "Debbie," the caller said, "This is Kristen Dillow from America World." I still hadn't guessed the reason for the call- I knew a paper that we had updated for our dossier couldn't be found. I was thinking, maybe, this was the reason for the call- but was I in for a great big surprise!!

"Debbie, I just got off the phone with Dr. Dobrovsky," who is our coordinator of all things in Russia, "and he told me you have been placed in the Krasnoyarsk region! Congratulations!!!"

It is amazing how many things went through my mind all at once. Part of me wanted to scream, shout, turn around, touch the ground and shout praises to God- but the other part of me- the professional, employed part, that realized I had several customers in the store, wanted to just stand and absorb it all. After a surreal few moments, I'm sure Kristen was wondering if the connection was lost, I felt this deep abiding peace surround me, filling me, calming me, allowing me to ask questions in a calm manner on the outside, while marvelling on the inside at the calmness I felt. I asked all sorts of questions, Kristen answering what she could, until I knew I had to go- after all, people still need their medications!!

I called Tim as soon as I could, and when he picked up and said, "Hello," I almost lost the tenuous hold I had held so firmly just a few moments earlier on my emotions. As I gave him some of the most exciting news we've had in almost 18 months, a tear slid down my cheek- then another. My coworker, Teresa, was priceless. She had figured out what was going on and was as excited as I was. She couldn't wait to give me a hug and do the happy dance with me!!

I'll post a few sites about Krasnoyarsk below, if you are as interested as I am to see what it looks like. It is in south central Siberia- the 3rd largest city.



Short version-----

We found out thursday that we have been assigned to the Krasnoyarsk region for our adoption.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krasnoyarsk


http://www.waytorussia.net/Siberia/Krasnoyarsk/Map.html


So, you may be wondering what all this means? It means that our search for our child that we have been on since Feb of 2006 has been narrowed down from the vastness of Russia, to a region called Krasnoyarsk. Our next "phone call" will be to let us know that we have been assigned to a specific baby home (of which there are many in Krasnoyarsk and surrounding areas) and we'll receive a "referral," which is adoption talk for the info on your child :)

Until next time- we continue to pray for the staff at America World Adoption (www.awaa.org) which is our agency, Dr Dobrovsky and his team- who are in Russia right now sorting all the paperwork for many families and arranging all our travel, translators, etc while we are in Russia meeting and bringing home our children, the judges and court systems in Russia-that everything goes smoothly for the families) the many families who have been so patiently waiting for so long to be united with their children, and of course the children who are waiting for their "forever homes."

No comments: