Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

He's getting it!!

Last Sunday, we went to church but came home very quickly so we could take off for KY. On the way home I was busy thinking about all I had to finish before we left, wondering when Tim would be able to make it home, and I realized I was missing a moment with Eli!!

So, I asked him what he learned in Sunday school. And he told me lots!! He said he learned that he was wonderfully made from Psalms one three nine- or eight....And then told me all about the sand box he was able to play with. He had a home made paper pom pom and when I asked about that, he said he was learning to praise God. How cool!

Then, this week, as I was doing laundry, he pulled out his wooden chair from the back room in the basement. Going to exercise like Daddy he told me. He walked in a few minutes later and asked if I knew how he carried that heavy chair in? I said it was because he was growing so big and strong!!!

He said no Mommy!! I am not strong enough to move that chair!! It is God in me that makes me strong enough to do it!!

Wow!!

Then, yesterday at church, we had to leave a little early so I could go to work (my first Sunday EVER!!) so I waited outside his door for just a few minutes as I could see his teacher and hear them learning the memory verse. Boy was that ever fun and a blessing to hear Eli telling the memory verse!!

So, he was able to tell us the memory verse as we went to lunch.

My prayer is that it sinks soul deep and he begins to have that relationship with God that I have been praying for him since before he was born- closer than a brother. Thank you, God, for beautiful beginnings!

No comments: