Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

First Day Home

We actually woke up early on Monday- well around 8 or 9 was when we got up. I think it is easier to travel West regarding the time changes.

A fellow adoptive mom called to welcome us home and say that she had just received her referral! How exciting to see this process moving again! There are so many children out there that need homes and we are excited every time one of them is introduced to their forever families!

We headed out to church just before noon. A very good friend who had been battling brain cancer received a new body from God Thursday night. She is in a new pain free body, worshiping at God's feet, hearing Him say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant!" She will be greatly missed by all us remaining behind, especially her best friend and husband and 3 children. We were able to join our worship team to sing songs of praise to God at her funeral. I had such a hard time. The songs were a perfect example of the shining faith, great courage, strong witness and caring outlook of our friend. Even from the grave, she was reaching out to comfort those around her. Boy, will we miss her.

Tim's mom had a good report from the Dr- no blockages- the problems she was having must have been a virus she picked up, she should be OK!

We picked up Penny from the vet- and another good report- yes, she is old, arthritic and a little senile, but Penny should be OK and we don't need to have her put down just yet- thank you, God!!

Tim headed off for work as soon as we got home, I called our coordinator and my parents to give updates, and just like that we were back in the swing of things as if nothing were different or had changed and our trip to Russia was just a dream.

But no, it was not a dream! We have video to prove it! Our son is real and he is beautiful- 12 hours in the future, with no idea of how much his life will change in a few short months. Our lives will forever be changed just by seeing his picture and meeting him. He's already been written on the tablets of our hearts. How amazing is this- If I can love him so much and not even be near him- can you imagine the love God has for us? I am overwhelmed by this great love that surpasses anything I can even dream or imagine.

There was an encouragement posted on our chat room just before we left Columbus to start our trip on the 27th. It is one I intend to hang onto- as it works for any circumstance. She said,
"For what it's worth, I will share the best advise I got from a good family friend prior to our trip 1: God is already there. I am not walking into the orphanage, into the situation, into the hotel, into the airport (where ever it is) without God already being there, advocating on our behalf and already having set everything up for us."

Thank you, God!

Hang on sweet baby boy! We're getting our paperwork done as fast as we can, and praying for a short time between trips and that the judge calls us back soon to bring you home! This is not the end- it is merely the start of the beginning of the rest of our lives with you!

4 comments:

Chris Goeppner said...

Hey Debbie and Tim,
How was the rest of your trip in Moscow? We can't wait to see pics. Chris put together and awesome video of our trip, I hope you can se it one day. We have pics and footage of your sweet boy as well. I agree with everything you said about the time we spent there and the connection we now have with our boys. I'm praying we will travel togther again soon to bring our boys home!
We miss you! Keep in touch!
Blessings,
Penny
P.S. Great news about your mother-in-law and Penny!

Deb said...

The Goeppner's passed on your blog to me.
I'll add your quick court date to my prayer list.
What a powerful statement!

sonya said...

Tim and Debbie, I am thinking of you every day and the lady in my office "Janie" is asking how it is going every time I see her. Please hang in there! (visualize the old poster with the little kitten hanging on to the branch) I am praying for you all. Also, rest when you can; you guys go out and eat; take long soaking baths and go on dates now because veeeerrrrryyy sooooon when your baby boy does arrive; IT WILL BE MUCH HARDER to do these things. Love you, Sonya

sonya said...

Tim and Debbie, I am thinking of you every day and the lady in my office "Janie" is asking how it is going every time I see her. Please hang in there! (visualize the old poster with the little kitten hanging on to the branch) I am praying for you all. Also, rest when you can; you guys go out and eat; take long soaking baths and go on dates now because veeeerrrrryyy sooooon when your baby boy does arrive; IT WILL BE MUCH HARDER to do these things. Love you, Sonya