Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Gift

I purchased one of those clay frames and got it all set up and pushed Elisha's hand and foot into it. How priceless. I may have Tim take a pic and add it here later.

Tim surprised me with a beautiful basket- a Mother's Day basket- It is so beautiful- Thank you for thinking of me, honey!!

We played a song a church today that has a flute solo that I've always done, so, I reentered the worship team today. It felt great to be back. So, while I was playing my flute on the first song, Elisha was in his Papa's arms worshiping away. Did I mention Papa was on stage singing with the team also? It was great. I had so many folks come up and tell us what a blessing it was to see Elisha clapping and worshiping with us. And again, he was great. Lord, we pray he always desires to be in your house worshiping you and praising your name.

Tonight, as I was rocking him to sleep, he sat up, reached up and put a hand on either side of my face and looked very intently into my eyes. Very gently, very quietly, he said, "Mama." He looked at me a second longer and then laid his head back on my chest. (Are you tearing up? I was- it was hard to keep the emotions in check. I wanted to kiss him all over and sing hallelujah- what an indescribable feeling, this love one feels toward ones children.)

Yes, sweetie, I am your Mama, and all because God brought you into our lives, I get to celebrate Mother's Day today.

I keep hearing Elvis in my mind lately............. I can't help falling in love with you.......

2 comments:

Lori said...

Very Sweet. I miss you guys!

sonya said...

Debbie,
Can you say "chill bumps"; enjoy every little moment like that and keep writing about it as it reminds the rest of us Moms about "our moments". I can remember shortly after Lauren was born telling my Mom "I never knew how much you loved me until now". And that was 18 years ago and let me tell you those hugs and tender moments are just as precious coming from your 14 y/o son as they are from Elisha now. Thanks for sharing and belated Happy Mother's Day. Love you and can't wait for Elisha's 1st Kentucky Trip or for time to come up there for an introduction. Take care of yourself. Love, Sonya