Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mommeee

Last week Elisha started trying out "Mommy" on me. My Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law call me Mommy- as do many of our friends- when asking Elisha how I am doing. I think the icing on the cake was the library book he checked out- it talked about Elmo's Mommy.

So, he was sitting in the bathroom last week reading his books. He began to yell, "Mama!!,,,, Mama!!" and then, after a brief pause, in a very soft, kind of subdued voice, he quietly, almost reverently said, "Mommmeeeee?" My little heart just about melted. It was so incredibly sweet.

Then he, building up confidence, and before I could reach the door said, " Here Mommee, Mommeee, Mommmeee. smock, smock" ( Read the last smock, smock as how you call a dog....kind of a kissing sound...... )

As laughter bubbled up within me, I stuck my head around the corner, and lovingly said, "Sweetie, you can call Mama Mommy if you want- but we only call Baka (our dog) that way......"

Good times......

2 comments:

Chris Goeppner said...

Aww! I loved it when my boys started calling me Mommy. How funny that he tried it out on you like you were his puppy. Kids are so funny!;)

A. Smith said...

How adorable! :-)