Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 19, 2009

I can't believe it has been a whole month (almost) since I last posted. So many things, so little time...
Last night, I got home from work, we ate a late dinner and I took Eli up to his bathroom to get a bath and prepare for bed. He wanted to take a shower in mommy's bathroom downstairs, so decided he was going to wail and scream/cry the whole time I was bathing him. By the time we finished (and it was uber-quick!!) I had a headache that was just about to split my head.

I looked at him and said, "Eli, let's play a game- lets see how quiet we can be for a few minutes... super quiet. "

He calmed down and looked at me. "Why?" he loudly asked, as most 3 year-olds are want to do.

The truth popped out- "Because Mommy has a super bad headache, and I think if we can be super quiet for a few minutes, it will feel better. "

My son displayed his compassionate little heart at this point- all thought about why he was crying left, and he looked at me, came closer, laying his hands on my head.

"I will pray for your head, Mommy. OK?" He said so sweetly.

"Sure, Sweetie," I said. "That would be great!!"

So, with his hands on my head, he began.... "Dear God...."

He paused, opened his eyes and looked at me very closely.

"Where does it hurt, Mommy?"

I took his little cool hand and placed it on my head, just above my left temple region, and he began again. "Dear God, please make Mommy's head feel better and take away her headache. In Jelus name, Amen. "

He looked immediately at me and asked if I was starting to feel better. I told him I was a little, and I knew it would be gone soon. He then asked about our youth pastor, Lonnie, who we have been praying for over the last few weeks.

Thank you, God, for moments like these where I feel like maybe he is getting it-figuring out what it means to have that close relationship with you. I pray you continue to lead and guide Tim and me as we travel this incredible journey of parenthood You have blessed us with !!

No comments: