Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

God Bless You

Elisha and I had a good day today. He is feeling better each day- and today we discussed being mean- and how it is not very nice. The day went much better after that.

It was really quite pleasant all around.

Tonight as I was rocking him before bed, he was snuggling in close and we were discussing clocks. He can't wait till tomorrow when we are going to learn more about clocks like they did on Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures.

I tucked him in, hugging and kissing on him, loving him as much as I could. I leaned over and gently brushed the hair from his forehead. "Good night, Sweetie. God bless you!!" I gently said.

"Why you say that, Mommy? I not cough. You suppose to say 'Good night. I love you' and leave."

I had to laugh. Everything is so concrete to a 3 year old, and nothing has more than one meaning. Of this they are quite sure!! I guess he only knows "God bless you" as something you say after a person sneezes or coughs. *grin*

1 comment:

Sherri said...

So glad to hear he is better. Sounds so much like what Natalie went through. It is so sad when they are that sick!!