Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Gotcha Day number 3

I think back on all the emotions we experienced 3 years ago.  Tonight was our first night as parents to our amazing son.  I remember the two of us standing over the crib, watching him sleep, so completely overwhelmed with wonder at this amazing thing God had done in our lives. Thank you, Father, for trusting to our care this precious child of yours.  May we always seek after Your heart and raise him as you would have us.

It is so amazing to me as I think back on that day what God created.  We became a family legally that day.  God had planned it out long before, brought us together and formed  a new thing.  Eli WAS adopted, and now IS our son.  He is NOT our adopted son.  I am so thankful to our friends and family that get that distinction.

As our post placement reports have come around each year, it focused us back on our time of adoption.  At first that was so difficult, like a strange dichotomy of thoughts flashing through my mind- our two pictures superimposed over each other- how it was- how it is.  We now cannot imagine a time without Eli in our lives.  What a complete unit God created.

I think Eli sums it up best.  He says that's when the judge married us.  How wonderfully true, my son!! For better or worse, for richer or poor, in sickness and in health, we all became one.  And just as I would never refer to Daddy as my married husband, so you are my son- OUR son.  We love you more with each passing day!!  Happy Gotcha Day!!

2 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I love that saying. . .The judge Married us. . .perfect!!! I think I'll use that with Aidan.

Don and Elizabeth said...

"The judge married us"...how appropriate, children are so wise! I cannot believe it has been 3 years for you already. But then, we are a little over 1 1/2 years. Amazing how time flies. God Bless you all!