Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Is that you, God?

The other night, Eli was tucked in bed, and up, and tucked in and up a few more times.  Then he quieted for a few minutes.  Next thing I heard was his little voice calling, "What Mommy??"  He repeated that twice and then ran to his door, opened it and called downstairs, "Mommy, I heard you call my name.  What do you want?"

I said, "Honey, I didn't call you.  Please go back to sleep."
"But Mommy," he whined, " I heard you call my name.  What do you want?"
So, I explained that I hadn't called his name and he needed to get some sleep.
"I heard someone call my name.  Is Daddy home?"
"No."
"Then who called my name, Mommy?"
"Well, do you think maybe it was God?  Remember the story we learned about with Samuel?  He heard his name being called and ran to Elisha and finally discovered it was God."
"How do I know?"
"Ask Him."
"What if he says it isn't God?"
"Then tell him to go away cause you only talk to God!!"
"But what if it is God and He is just kidding?"
"Go to Bed!!"

A few minutes later I hear him moving about in his room and go to check it out.  He has on his little flashlight, his Brave Light he got in Kidstuff last month when we learned about being brave, and he is looking all over his room. After a brief discussion, he tells me he is looking all around to see if maybe it is a monster in the closet. 
"Eli, are monsters real?" I ask.
"No. They aren't Mommy."
So, we prayed a little and rocked a little, and I told him the same thing again about it possibly being God, or maybe he fell asleep and began dreaming.  He finally relaxed and I tucked him in again. 
As I was walking out of the room and slowly closing the door, I hear his little voice in the room saying, "God....Is that you?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
I do not have your current email address and wanted to get in touch with you. My email is: cwpakers@gmail.com
I look forward to hearing from you!
Blessings,
Cheryl Akers