Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 9, 2007

In the Waiting

Many exciting things have happened in the last few weeks. There are 3 families in our chat group that got referrals (info on their children) and 2 of whom are traveling within the next 2 weeks to meet their children for the first time. It is so exciting for us to see something happening.

We are quite hopeful that we will be hearing this week sometime that we have been submitted to a specific baby home. Once that happens, we will then wait for our child's information (the referral) and then we'll be able to make travel arrangements and fly to Russia to meet our precious child. My heart is longing for our child with a great passion.

One of the songs that has meant a lot to me during this process is a song by Shannon Wexelburg called In The Waiting. These are the lyrics to the song:

I've tried to be strong
Is there something I've done wrong?
'Cause I've been waiting here so long.
You see each tear
As the months have turned to years
For some reason you must want me here

I can see You're breaking up my fallow ground
In this season of such barrenness, Lord, I have found

Chorus:
You are in the waiting
In that moment of my life
When my faith and hope collide
While my heart's anticipating
How and when You'll move
Oh, that's when You prove
You are in the waiting, too

So, plant Your seed
'Til it's living, Lord, in me
Make me all you want me to be
Unveil my eyes
If I've exchanged the truth for lies
Give me faith so I can see


The work that you began You will complete in me
And I don't have to understand the place You're keeping me

Chorus

You give me water in the desert
You lift me up on eagle's wings
So from way up high, I can see my life
From Your view of things
Though I've cried out for an answer
I believe that I can say
Thank you, Lord, for every answer
You've delayed.

The last three lines, in particular have become part of my plea. When we can all look back at what the "big picture" was, after we are home with our children, I know this will be much easier to do. I've been learning to focus more on the present- we really do not know what tomorrow holds- no matter how "organized" or prepared we wish to be. So my biggest prayer has been draw me close to you God- help me begin to see more with your eyes and hear with your ears and speak with your words.

Second on that thought has been that life is a journey. I'm learning to thank God because He is always enough! When I think I've reached the end of my rope, all I have to do is remember He's there- and then I'm in His arms instead of "hanging by a thread." Thank you God for reminding me this week that my whole life is the journey you have planned for me, it doesn't begin after...... After I graduate, after I meet the man you have for me, after we have children, after we decide to adopt, after the adopting process is complete, after the children go to school, after the children graduate, after I become a grandparent. I live in the now, and thank you for your gentle, subtle, sometimes crack with a 2X4 reminders(depending on how dense I'm being) that you control tomorrow, and I should enjoy every moment I have on Earth, and not be constantly striving for something in the tomorrows.

Hoping to post exciting news about our child soon- becoming more content with His timing- it's perfect!

1 comment:

Deb said...

What a great post. That song is wonderful. Never heard it but I'm going to look it up right now to listen to it.
We've been in our adoption journey for 2 years now and it's hard to accept the waiting even though I know it's all in God's hands and in His timing.