Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 13, 2008

6 month Mama initiation

Seems so hard to believe that 6 months ago was my first day as a mom. The first clothes change, the first car ride, the first puking, the first bath, the first meal, the first night to get to watch him as he slept so peacefully. What a profoundly amazing night of moments!!

I remember the catch in our breaths as we stood there together at the side of his crib, me slowly reaching over and placing my hand in Tim's, watching his chest slowly rising and falling and the realization hit. We have a son. We have become a family :0)

Ohhhh, but the possibilities for his life. I spent so much time praying for our son, our family, Tim and myself and all that we would need to do to give Elisha the best possible home to grow up in. How amazing to watch him and realize the possibilities are limitless.

It has been such a joy to watch him as he grows and changes soo much every day. Of course there are difficult moments- if there weren't, this would be a storybook instead of real life. Learning to keep the boundaries we have to set, even when we are too tired to care, loving through the difficult moments- these and many other things we are learning are the backbones of being parents, giving Elisha the security to grow and spread his wings wide and take off... when the time is right.

But, as a very good friend once pointed out, all those challenging moments fade, and the joy of the childhood is what you remember. So, I figure- I'll try to find all the joy I can now and maybe leave some of the "challenging" moments behind. Laugh now... and later, instead of just later. Remember that these days when he needs and wants me are quite limited as far as a lifetime goes- so I am trying to savor each and every moment. Thank you for sharing them with me.

3 comments:

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

Debbie,
My name is Lanetta Gobble and Kristen from AWAA gave me your blog address today.. she says that she thinks we could be long lost sisters... LOL! I read a lot of your blog.. and enjoyed it a lot.. I'd love to visit with you more if you'd like... my blog is: gobblefamilyadoption.blogspot.com
and my e-mail is: lanettagobble@yayoo.com
I look forward to getting to know you better.. and can't wait to read back through more of your blog...
God bless,
Lanetta Gobble

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

that's lanettagobble@yahoo.com... sorry about the typo..

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

ok.. so I've read for over an hour on your blog.. and I had to make myself stop....
he's so adorable.. and what an awesome story....
wow...
can't wait to follow along as he grows...
Lanetta