Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

6 month DA

I can't believe that 6 months ago today the judge said, "Da," and we became, after a 10 more day wait, official parents to our precious little boy. Wow. 6 months. It is amazing to me how being a parent of a young child really messes with my perception of time. Each day seems to take forever. (Mostly at the beginning. The days are beginning to flow now.) There is amazement with each week that passes, as we count hours and days.

Now it seems we are counting weeks, and months.

I know all you with older children out there are shaking your heads, thinking, "If she only knew...." If it goes this fast now- what will it be like when he is in school....on his first date....going away to college.....getting married....OOOOOHHHH then I get to experience it all again..... as a grand-parent :)

I have thought a lot about our court since we got home. Especially the few moments when we were waiting in the hallway for the judge to review our case. One of the ladies there- I think the director -said something and the interpreter came over and asked Tim what he did to get such a wonderful and friendly wife. I'm afraid I was basking in the glow of court and approval too much to say what I should have. I've thought about it A LOT since we got home.

This is along the lines of what I wish I would have said, though for the life of me I can't remember what I actually did say:

He may have been lucky to find me, but I was blessed the day I met him and I truly believe it was God that brought us together. He helps to center me and keep me focused, to calm me when my overactive imagination takes over. He blesses me in ways I don't know if I'll ever be able to express, but I wish I could, just so he would know how dear and special he is to me. He is the best friend I've ever had and if I could have one more thing it would be to be able to do more stuff with him and have time to just go out and have fun together.

When he smiles, the room lights up for me- when I hear him laughing across the room with friends, I long to be part of the laughter... I'm drawn to it, like a bee to honey.

As I watch him now with our son, I see the twinkle in his eye and the bond growing between them and it makes me tear up- it is such a blessing to see and experience this joy of parenthood.
(of course I couldn't have said that at the time...... I guess this would have been more appropriate at court: )

Tim is such an amazing individual and has soo many talents and abilities, I can't wait to see him with our son at home, teaching him all these things he has learned. I long to be a fly on the wall to watch as our son sits at his Papa's knee and learns all he has to tell.

I may be able to love him with all my heart, teach him how to cook and keep clean- how to read and write- but his Papa will show him how to be a MAN after God's own heart- how to treat a lady, how to be a Papa- so that one day, hopefully and prayerfully, he(Elisha) will choose to follow God's leading in his life as his Mama and Papa try so hard to do.

No comments: