Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 6, 2007

God Speaking

What an amazing site we see all around us!! We got well over 6 inches of snow yesterday, and we are expecting another 3 inches or so tonight. It is so beautiful, and peaceful, and serene and..... COLD!!! It makes me think, hehehe, God is so preparing us for our son- in south central Siberia..... hehehe.

As I was driving to work this morning it was absolutely breathtaking. Wait, let me back up to last night. It has been a bit stressful at work lately, and here, trying to get everything done, follow all the rules, keep everyone happy and realize all that is going to be changing and has already changed. I have gone into full fledged nesting mode, too. I am such a pack rat, it is difficult for me to understand myself wanting to "get rid" of all this "stuff" around me.

Well, with all this, I have let my time set aside for worshipping our creator and God slip. I hate to even admit it, but it is so true. The one friendship I can always count on, the One who knows me even when I don't know or can't stand myself, that friendship I've let slide while I fuss and fret over all the little stuff. So, I have been working on that friendship the last few days.

Ephesians 5:8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of the light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.

Ok, back to this morning. As I was driving up Bagley Rd, our beautiful country lane, I was blown away by how beautiful it was- picture the sunlight streaming down, glistening off the frozen tundra- making the world look like a crystal palace, or a place of prisms. It was breathtaking. I remarked to myself, I wish I had my camera with me, this would be great to take with me to Russia to show our people helping us. Too bad I'm missing this. Maybe we'll have something beautiful again soon.

Suddenly, I thought to myself, is it really just now beautiful, or is it beautiful because I am just now noticing it, because I am more in tune with the Creator that made it. I realized I have been so focused on me and what I "have" to do and get done that I have become self absorbed and am missing out on all the beauty my Creator has put around me like a love letter. Thank you, God, for opening my eyes to see Your beauty. Please open my ears to hear your voice and my mind to go in the direction you lead!!

I heard this song on the way home and it brought it all together for me. OK, so it is another you tube video- but wow! Thanks for indulging me- God always speaks to me through music.....

2 comments:

Lori said...

CHILLS...THANK YOU.

Carey said...

I LOVE how the Lord speaks...I'm speachless.