Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 17, 2007

Love Quilt

Greetings, family and friends!
As we head toward the New Year, and all the amazing things that will be happening in our family, I would love to express my heart to you. Many have asked what you can do for our son, to show him not only the love of God, but also the love God has already given you in your hearts for us and for Elisha.

I would love to be able to have anyone that has been praying for us during this journey to be involved. I am going to make a quilt for Elisha. What I ask of you would be the blocks to make up that quilt, and also the expression of your heart as you get that block together.

This would be a request for 5” square blocks, in blues and/or reds. This can be a pieced block, or a scrap- or even a cut out from a favorite old pair of pj’s your own child wore when growing up. Along with that square, a brief prayer, or letter, or thought about Elisha becoming a part of our family.

I am going to take all the squares, and, after scanning them into the computer, make a quilt for Elisha to cuddle under. The scanned images I am going to use to make a scrapbook, with the thoughts and prayers listed with each square and who sent it.

My idea in this is to show love to our son in such a practical way, so if he ever doubts how much we love him and God loves him, he can look through this book and see the prayers and thoughts brought for him while he was still on his way here.

You can give them to me at any time, and please, if you have an interest in this, try to get it to me before Easter.

We have also been asked about donations. If you feel God leading you to help monetarily in this process, any tax-deductible donations can be made out to the church with “Swingle Adoption Fund” in the memo. The church address is:
Rolling Plains United Methodist Church
3350 Moxahala Park Road
Zanesville, Ohio 43701 740-453-4192

Thank you for covering us in prayer as we continue in our journey to bring home our son!!

Possible example 1:

1. 5X5 piece from an old blue spotted flannel or fuzzy red sleeper
2. A brief note:
Dear Eli,
This is a piece of flannel from my son’s sleeper. I chose this because it reminds me of tucking my son in to sleep at night and how much we loved to cuddle. I pray that you will have wonderful memories of your mom and dad reading stories to you and tucking you in. You should see how excited they are to be able to bring you home!! The only sad part of this process has been seeing how long it is taking to bring you home. Praying your mom and dad will soon have you in your own sleeper, tucking you in bed and reading you stories.



Possible example 2:
1. 5X5 pieced block of flying geese
2. A brief note:
Dear Eli,
I chose to make my block for you in the shape of flying geese. There is strength in numbers, as you can see by the way the geese fly. We are just one of many people who have been praying for you and waiting for so long to watch your mom and dad bring you home. I am praying for you as I make this block for safe travel, that God would be at the front of your pack, smoothing the way, and making your flight home smooth.


1 comment:

Granny Dani said...

Deb & Tim, it is so humbling for you to share you walk with us. I can't wait until the time I can see Eli in your arms and see both of your faces. I do not take my own children nor my grandsons for granted. We are praying for you as a family for your family to be complete soon. Love you three very much. Granny Dani