Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 10, 2007

Noah

Well, the weather outside is frightful, but our fire is so delightful. On our last post we had no place to go- but watch it snow, watch it snow, watch it snow. We got our 3 inches of snow they were calling for. And it was COLD!!

Then the warm front moved in..................

It's been raining for several days now........................

The weather forecast doesn't show anything but rain until Friday. How did Noah stand this for 40 days and nights!!??!!! Can you imagine how "sad" they must have all been. I keep remembering that as I wipe mud from the dogs after they've been out.

I'm trying to find the beauty in the sodden ground, the mud everywhere and the dreary scenery. I know it is there somewhere, but, as with some of us, it's just sometimes more difficult to see. Gotta get to deeper layers, I guess. I'm sure God will give us eyes to see the beauty ......Oh- the Christmas lights- They do look beautiful through the rain- especially when a drop gets in your eye and it looks all prismy. (If that's not a word- I'll claim it as one of my own creations- you know-like a prism.......)

Still praying for our CPS letter to come in. Still no word. Have orders for our chest x-rays- will get our labs done soon, and then the whole process of notarizing, certifying and apostilling begins.

I'm trying to clean out our paperwork and organize our office. AARGHhhh!! Not a good thing to do when it's so dreary, and yet, that is the best time to do it. I know it will be so amazing when it's done, but, wow, I can think of many other things I'd like to be doing right about now. (But don't worry- I won't stay on here and type for hours- just a few more minutes in my break..) Even working on adoption paperwork isn't this painful- literally- I have stuff spread all over the floor in piles. Amazing what you find when that nesting instinct hits and no pile is safe, isn't it?

Just a thought to ponder as we look forward to celebrating Christ's birth in a few weeks. I posted a few days ago a thought I had, and it has really stuck with me. I have only been in my son's presence for about 3 hours. Total. But I can't imagine living the rest of my life without him. I pray nothing will harm him and God will give us the strength and courage to raise him as we should. God knew his son from eternity past. I'm beginning to get a glimpse of what it must have been like for him to give up his son, though I pray it is something I never have to experience. But then I am blown away- because of the Love of the Father for me. He gave up His Son because He couldn't imagine life without me!! Thank you for giving up your son so you could adopt me into your family to spend eternity with you!!

Soon- our post will read something about a winter wonderland in Siberia- praying, praying, praying........(PS looking forward to a little sunshine;0p

2 comments:

Lori said...

We are in drought...praying some of your rain makes it down here:0)

Chris Goeppner said...

I'm praying will be posting from Siberia soon too!!
Love ya Debbie!
-Penny