Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

post placement hues

I say post placement hues because I wanted to say blues- but there is always a silver lining!!

We did our post placement as early as we could, got all the documentation together, did all our notary, certifying and apostilling and had it in to our agency a full 2 weeks early. YEAH!! How cool is that???

Just after I mailed the document, I was preparing to file it away. I looked through it, kinda nostalgic and thankful that this step was done. As I looked at the apostille page, I thought, hmmmm I don't recognize that name. So I looked at the next page and it was then that the cold feeling of dread made me swallow my heart into my stomach. The secretary of state had affixed the wrong apostille to our document!! It was for the county before Putnam, I can only assume, on the computer.

Sooo, long story short, we had our agency send back that incorrect document, and since the secretary of state's office told us they couldn't place the correct apostille in the exact same staple marks (as Russia requires perfect paperwork- otherwise they fear it is a forgery....) we got new documents from our homestudy agency.

God has just worked this together beautifully. Both documents arrived a little bit ago with the lovely FedEx truck. Since Elisha was already asleep (meaning Mama can't speed off to Columbus to have the document corrected), the documents will travel with Papa in the wee early morning hours and he should be able to make it over before he has to teach in Columbus tomorrow.

So, as my first thought was to talk about the blues this could have created, instead, there is a whole rainbow of hues. I am sooo thankful for the wonderful coordinator and social worker we have. They were able to come together to help us get this back on line to get our report in on time.

For those of you who may be wondering.... No, nothing will happen to Elisha or us if we don't get this report in on time. We will continue to be a happy family. However, it may affect the other families waiting to bring home their children, and the ability of our agency to help in that process for all future children to be adopted from Russia. So, while this won't affect us, I do not want to get to heaven and find that there are many children impacted eternally by my lack of action in something so simple.

Sooo, first report down- 3 more to go- at 1 year, 2 years and 3 years. Amazing how fast this is going!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Congratulations!! Still waiting to get mine back from the SW!!
Amazing how quickly he is growing!!!