Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Impotent Fury

Just a few ramblings today....

We (Elisha and I) went to the local branch of the library today. Before we went, I applied more drops to my poor little baby's eyes. He squishes them up tight and tells me it burns as he whimpers a bit in my arms. It is so hard to do this for him- something I know needs to be done- for long term healing- but causing short term pain.

I got down his snowsuit jacket we bought while in Russia. When there, in March, we had to roll the sleeves up several inches- it fits just right now!! I tried to zip up the jacket. It made it all but 1 inch from the top- which then holds his neck like a whiplash collar. He said, "Too tigh!!" I remembered us having a problem when in Moscow, where the zipper got caught on the tender skin of his throat, so I had my finger behind the zipper. Well, he struggled away a little to loosen the zipper, and it began to unzip on it's own. Down..... down..... and then he starts crying- yelling it was "too tigh!!"

I tried to get it to unzip and realized it had, again, caught his flesh in the zipper. Aargh!! I was so furious with myself, since I was trying to be so careful, and also with the jacket- imagine that- fury at an inanimate object. I finally got it off, and he lay crying in my arms, my heart breaking with every whimper. He let me hold some ice in a paper towel on it for a few minutes, and then seemed fine.

I can't wait to sew a little strip of something so very soft on the inside of the jacket, so the zipper CANNOT do this any more.

Quick update.... he was playing with his jacket tonight- and really seems to like it- as long as I don't try to zip it up "Tigh" or tight :0) and his neck looks fine- just a few little red spots..... lol

After coming home from the library, it was time for drops again. This time he cried. He is so good, though. He'll lay on my lap and let me put them on his eyes- but this time he wouldn't open them- he just kept whimpering about how it burns. I am praying it will very soon ease and the burn will stop.

Today, I am praying for all those amazingly gifted parents of children who are very ill and for strength for those parents who have to do things for them that cause pain for the short term to enable long term healing. My deal with Elisha is so very minor compared to most- so I'm praying for those who have to deal with this on an ongoing basis. May God strengthen you and keep you in the palm of his hand- giving you strength to go on- and courage to know what needs to be done.

As we approach Thanksgiving time, I have been pondering more and more in my heart about all the blessings in my life. I put a note on my Facebook about a realization I had as I was thinking the other day...... If I were to truly count my blessings, naming them one by one, seeing all the Lord has done in my life, there would be no room to harbor bitterness, strife, envy, or even anger. I would be in a continual state of awe as I realize just what all my precious God has done for me. May you also be blown away as you take a few moments to reflect on all He has done for you.

No comments: