Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Friends and love blooming

I had been asked to work today to cover for a meeting another Pharmacist had to attend. I lined up a very good friend of mine to come keep Elisha for the few hours I'd be gone since everyone was out of town on the hill (all Tim's family) Well, the meeting ended up being changed, so I didn't go to work, but my friend, Patty, still came over. She had been looking forward to seeing Eli and me.

It was so wonderful! She had the uncanny ability to include both of us in her conversations, so I didn't feel like she just came to see Eli, and he didn't feel neglected either. After a sad visit with the Doctor yesterday- yes, most likely strep for me AGAIN!! it was nice to have some cheering up!!

Our plan worked wonderfully- Eli didn't want to nap- I had to lay down- so Patty played with him while I rested a little while, and then he went to bed early for me tonight so we can both sleep. What a great plan- and so far, it's working!!

Thank you, Patty, for making us both feel loved so much!! I actually felt like I was at home in PA, and my loving mom was relieving me of responsibilities so I could rest for a little while and get that spring back in my step.

After Patty left, Eli forlornly looked out the window asking when Ms Patty was coming back- and when he could go play at Ms Patty's house.

About a month ago, Tim lovingly jumped in and helped me plant a couple hundred bulbs I had purchased the year before for a bed that we were never able to finish. I didn't think any of them would bloom-but I knew they had little to no chance if I left them in the bag until this fall. They were barely sticking their heads above ground when Tim left on Tuesday.


This is from Wed- I'll have to get another pic in the morning
to catch the vibrant velvety soft beautiful petals
on the tulips that have come up!!

Today- as I gaze in wonder over the area we worked together, I see beautiful little red tulips all over- and I feel as though each one is a hug and a kiss from my sweet love. Thank you, God for your always impeccable timing. You know just when we need those love nudges- first Patty coming over and loving on both of us, and then the flowers, showing me not only the love from Tim, but from you, in having them bloom just when I am missing Tim the most.

No comments: