Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Prayers of a child

I worked today- and had a blast!! Hasn't happened for a while- so I was so pleasantly surprised. The day flew by, and before I knew it, I was heading home.

We ate dinner and Tim quickly left for a meeting, Maundy Thursday events and practice for tomorrow, when he will be portraying Pilate in our Good Friday service.

After a quick bath and story, Eli and I were sitting in the rocker, relaxing and doing the night time routine. We had been reading an alphabet book he was given where the letter is underneath a picture that slides back and forth. The letter Xx has a picture of an X-ray. I showed him the bones in the picture, and explained that he could feel his bones under his skin. He was fascinated with that- and wanted me to take his skin off so he could see his bones.

So, we rock some more, sing a few songs, and then he asks about bones again. (bear with me- I know this is a little repetitive- but he IS two.... :0))

Then he looks up at me, very seriously, and says, "Jeyla in my heart?" (the S hasn't quite made it all the way out yet for Jesus) I told him Jesus would love to be in his heart, and all he has to do is ask Jesus to come in, just say Jesus, please come into my heart and help me. So he asked if Jesus would sleep in his crib, and then if He would sleep in the big bed. I told him Jesus is every where and always with us.

Then he quietly says, "Jeyla, please come into my heart." I wonder when a person is really able to understand the significance of that? I wonder how much his understanding is of what he is saying? I feel incredibly blessed to even hear this- I just keep praying that Eli develops such a close bond with his savior. With today being the day that we mark the last Supper, the handing over of Jesus to the Sanhedrin, and preparation for the reason for our Christian faith, I am blown away that he would begin to ask me these questions unprompted, and reply with such simple faith.

Lord, may we all come to you with faith as a child, knowing you dwell in our hearts, directing our paths and leading us in the direction we should go. Thank you for this amazing gift- Your son and ours, both allowing us to realize all adoption means- Eli into our family and us into your family.

Thank you for the Cross and the amazing love it represents. May we realize anew this year just what you did for us, so very long ago.

3 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Oh my gosh! That is so wonderful. My heart is full for Eli that he is beginning to make that connection at such an early age. My prayers are with him that he continues, with your guidance, down that path. God bless!

Denise said...

What a wonderful Easter blessings. It is so fitting that the Lord allowed you to partake in this beautiful moment at Easter after your long wait for a child. It is also such a blessing to read and hear the insight you have Debbie. God Bless You and Happy Easter!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

oh my gosh.. this made me CRY!!!
did you read my blog post about Brookie doing the same thing recently??? it was unbelieveable!! So thrilled.. and love it!!!
the services at church and Eli's comments, etc... awesome!!
Thanks for the hope that I to will have my boys on my lap one day soon!! :-)
Love ya girl... praying for you always!!!