Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

A comedy of errors

Let me start off by saying I had a great day today!! Always something new to learn and experience.

Eli woke up early this morning- before 7. I got up and went up to get him out of bed. My own feet were dragging, as I was up till the wee hours finishing up 18lbs of fudge for the fair.

I got up to the top of the steps and Eli informed me he had a poopy diaper. Uck!! I guess the 3 tacos he ate yesterday from Chipotle's finally had to come out. So, after changing, cleaning and dressing my little guy, I threw on my clothes for work today and then went downstairs to let the dog out.

There was a specific odor as I walked down the steps to the basement that gave me a forewarning of things to come. Uck!! Dog vomit and poo- liquid. Peeeeyeew!!! it stunk soooo much!!

Got that cleaned up, started breakfast- Tim got home from work and- oops- already time to go to work!! So I scooted off down the road.

I took the road less traveled and it made all the difference. a few hundred feet from the end of the road where it dumps onto the main road- aprox 5 min from work- there are orange cones and a stop sign. OOPS!! Road closed- for several hours- so, back the way I came- backtracking several miles.

When I finally got on the main road- I know this is unbelieveable- everyone was traveling at the speed limit!! Finally turning off onto the next main road, I had clear sailing :0) Until a garbage truck pulled out in front of me..... Urrgghhh..... But I was able to laugh about it with Tim- and that made all the difference!

I stopped at the Dr office to have him check my toe. I had landed with my full weight on it a month ago and it seems to not be any better. HHHmmmm.... broken, he thinks. .. Xray tomorrow :0) I've never had a broken bone. Oh- and the tonsilectomy- for sure- needs to be done.

Tim had the same problem with unmarked road closure until the very last minute on the way to the dentist, and then an almost 2 hour root canal.

I got home and realized I forgot to pack Eli a lunch for today, for when he went to stay with Aunt Paula while we were both away.

Yet, all in all, it was a wonderful day. The crappy morning (pun intended- and literal sense) was not able to ruin my day. God is amazing!!

We got to eat dinner together tonight as a family- and had some yummy corn. Isn't this time of year great to eat all this fresh produce from the garden?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie! I couldn't find your email address and remembered your blog. I pray all of you are doing well. It doesn't seem like just over a year does it? The longer they are ours, the longer it seems they always have been. I was wondering...do you keep in touch with anyone over in Russia? Would love to hear from you. I am on facebook and I think you have my email address.