Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Touching Moments

Tim and I have been working in the barn and yard, shoveling in ditches, shoveling dirt, shoveling.... Now I am not a person used to hard manual labor, aka shoveling, so I have had quite a few aches and pains in areas that haven't been worked a whole lot.

A couple of days ago, I was laying on the floor, trying to get a particularly painful back to settle down.

Eli thought it must be play time since I was laying on the floor. So, he proceeded to try jumping and climbing all over me. After a few feeble attempts to protect my already sore back, I finally sat up and explained I was not there to play, as much as I would like to, but my back was hurting pretty bad.

The next thing I knew, he was behind me, leaning into my back with his hands on my back saying, "Dear God, thank you for making Mommy's back all better. In Jeelas name, amen." and then he took off again.

I was so happy to be able to tell him an hour or so later that I felt just fine- no more back pain. The power of prayer is amazing!!

A few weeks ago- the weekend just after we started the barn, Tim was trying to get some time off work on Monday so he could be here to help lift the rafters. It was a great time to learn a lesson in prayer.

On Saturday, when Tim was at work, Eli and I prayed that Papa would find someone else to work for him on Monday. I was then able to explain to Eli that God ALWAYS answers prayers. Sometimes He says, "Yes!" Sometimes He says, "No." and sometimes He says, "Not yet."

I didn't want him to be too disappointed and think God didn't hear his request if Papa had to work cause he couldn't find anyone to cover for him.

Imagine our excitement when Papa called a little later and he had someone to work for him! We were so excited to see such a tangible answer to prayer.

Thank you God for always hearing us when we talk to you. Thank you for the character you are developing in us in the areas where you've said, "Not yet." or "No." Thank you for all the times you've blessed us with a yes :)

No comments: