Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why?

We thought he might not do it. Thought maybe he was past the age. But over the last week, he has discovered the word "why" and is using it non stop.

Last night as he was barfing all over, I was holding him, wiping his little face, praying for and with him, and saying I was so sorry he was sick.

"Why am I sick Mommy?" he said.

"Because a little virus got into your body and God designed your body to be able to get rid of it as quickly as possible."

"But why, Mommy? Why do I feel so sick? Why does my head hurt?"

I gently explained that viruses get into your body several ways. One way is when you touch everything around you and then put your fingers in your mouth, as we had been asking him not to do.

"But why, Mommy?"

I guess there will always be more "whys" than there are good answers....

Fever back this morning, but does seem to stay down with the tylenol and motrin on board. Thank you, God, for a good night's sleep for us all!!

No comments: