Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 6, 2009

You have a beautiful voice..

When Eli is in a whining mode- everything comes out in that most annoying whining 3 year old voice- I often take him aside and tell him that I am so glad that God gave him a beautiful voice. Then I tell him I really don't care much for the whining voice, but I would love to hear him use that beautiful voice that God gave him.

I mentioned that I have not been feeling well lately. The latest episode snuck in under the radar last weekend, robbing me of my voice and energy. I was afraid it was strep and pneumonia, so was much relieved to find out my lungs were clear, I just had tracheitis. Yup, my trachea was swollen, raw and painful. My voice was pretty much non- existent.

(I'd just like to mention at this point that I am really looking forward to having my tonsils removed on December 30. So, as you all are reading and sharing our journey with us- I'd love to have you praying for good health up to that point so I can have the surgery done, easy surgery and a smooth recovery time.. Thank you in advance!!)

Imagine my surprise during this time when all I could eek out was a hoarse whisper, and Eli came around the corner island of the kitchen and said, "Mommy, you have a beautiful voice," in such a sweet tone.

Then, as he stomped his little foot, he said, "Now please use it!!"

Isn't it nice, at times, to know that your children really are listening? Have I mentioned lately how much I love that little guy? It is overwhelming at times.

I thought I loved greatly when I was growing up. Then I met and married Tim and was amazed at how much and how quickly that love began to grow and blossom.

I thought I loved greatly as a wife. Then I pulled Eli onto my lap for the first time, and my whole world shifted, cracking down barriers to love that I didn't even know existed. The world had more color, the sounds were sweeter (and louder :)) the smells quite different. There was a whole new world opened to me.

As each new phase of my journey in life begins and I look back and realize how much deeper my love becomes, I am more awed than ever at how much God loves us. As we begin to celebrate the Christmas season, reflecting on all that happened in the life of Jesus, his earthly mom and dad, I find it takes on all new perspectives seen through this filter of new glimmers of what complete love feels like.

Thank you for the amazing gift of Christmas!! I can't imagine the love you must have for us that you would be willing to suffer so much, just to insure we can spend eternity with you. WOW!! I guess I could say You have a beautiful voice- please help me to listen better as You use it :)

Happy Advent!!

No comments: