Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas

What a beautiful Christmas we had this year. Eli came down to our room in the early morning. I got the breakfast casserole in the oven just before he came down. We read our story of the baby Jesus being born, ate breakfast and then we began celebrating Baby Jesus' birthday, too!! Mommy got a new camera- I'm going to try to download some of the cool video I got- but here are a few pics to start us out :)

We had a blast in the morning. I finished up the cookies- Eli was such a big help, washing and helping cut out all the shapes,


And, of course, cleaning off the spatula :)
Then Eli and Papa got all bundled up and headed out doors.

Papa got the old snowmobile running, so the boys went for a ride while I finished gathering our items for that evening.

What a blast they had!!

Here is Mama Snowman, Eli snowman and Papa Snowman- Good work!!!

We headed over to Mamaw and Papaw's then to have Christmas Eve dinner with the family. It was nice to relax and spend time together- it's the first time in over 10 years that Tim and I haven't had to head off for the services at church that we were always in. This year we were able to just go with family and relax and enjoy our time. It was very nice.

Then back to Mamaw and Papaw's to open presents- and, as Eli says, to celebrate Jesus's birthday some more!!

Here are all the grandchildren on Tim's side of the family. We missed our opportunity for the family shot- but at least got the kids :)

Even Baka got in on the festivities with us!!

My Brother-in-law, Scott, surprised and blessed all of us this year with some portrait sketches he did. We were all touched and deeply moved- what talent God has given this man!! Eli's picture is now on our wall- isn't it amazing?

All in all, it was a fabulous Christmas Eve- there was peace in the house and we had a lovely time together- till way late!! Eli and Wes got involved in the new Hamburger factory Playdoh kit, and even Chey played with them for a little while. We got Eli nestled in bed around 10:30 that night- with no nap- and surprisingly- no major meltdowns, either!!

Christmas morning, Tim was able to take the first few hours off so we were able to have breakfast together. Then he took off for work and Eli and I started getting everything ready for going to visit my Mom and Dad and family in PA. We soon were ready, got everything loaded up for our evening visit to the fire department in Whitehall where Papa was working (we were heading up to have Christmas dinner with him and the crew). We drove across the drive way and....

Eli was fast asleep :) He slept the whole way to the fire department (about an hour) and was able to have much more fun through the rest of the evening.

Of course, after dinner, we had to go check out the engines and the medics and all the tools. Eli loves to name all the equipment and pretend to be a firefighter.

As before, I am hoping I can download my video from my new camera onto blogger.... Stay tuned.....

On the way home, I was hoping to get Eli to drift off to sleep, so I could carry him to bed and not have any struggle. The night before, I started telling him the Christmas story, and he was asleep before I got to the shepherds.

So, I thought, I'll just pick up where I left off and keep on going. Only problem was, he never fell asleep!! we went through the wisemen, apprenticeship to be a woodworker and make things like Papaw, to learning and growing closer to God, to him staying behind in Jerusalem when he was Cheyenne's age to teach the elders, to the baptism, ministry, the men that were jealous because Jesus spoke with such authority and really seemed to know God, to the trial, the cross, the burial, the resurrection. He was really listening- at one point he said, "Wait, Mommy, back up. Explain the cross to me again. They put baby Jesus on the cross?"

No, I assured him. Baby Jesus was loved and cherished by his Mommy and Papa. It wasn't until he was much older, and I quickly went through the story again to give the time perspective.

I finally got some of the questions answered and turned on some quiet music. He was just about to drift off when I realized the song was singing about the cross.

"The Cross, Mommy, the Cross!! They are singing about the cross!! Can you tell me about the Cross again??"

May we always remember, Baby Jesus, just what you gave up when you came to Earth for me. (plural- each and every one of us can put our name here)

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Here is a short clip from my new camera of Elisha opening up his camera- enjoy!!

!

No comments: