Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Missing you

Mom's are very wise people. When Mom approached me last year about keeping Eli while I recovered, I turned her down. I knew Tim would be home- we could handle it.

Then, over the last couple months, I lost my voice. Several times. Eli didn't handle it very well and on the days when Tim went to work, and it was just the 2 of us, it was very difficult.

Finally, when the subject came up again, and I asked Mom if her offer was still good, she enthusiastically replied, "Of course, it is!!"

So, we packed up after Christmas here with our family and Tim's family and headed home for some time with Mommy's family. We had a wonderful few days, and then we took off for Ohio, leaving our little guy safe and sound with his Grandma and Grandpa Fox.

Other than missing him soooo very much this has worked out very well. Tim hasn't had to keep Eli quiet so I could rest, we haven't had to worry about feeding him and entertaining him- I didn't have to worry about waking him up when I was up through the night- and, best of all, Grandma and Grandpa, who never get to see Eli, get to have some time with him, getting to know him.

I can't wait to hear all the stories of what all is going on with that little guy. I can't wait to get some hugs and kisses from that little guy. What a special little person God placed in our lives- and what a huge hole you leave when you are gone!!

Come on throat- let's get this healing on the road!!! We love and miss you, our sweet little guy!!

No comments: