Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mommy's Surgery

Hey everybody!! I am alive!! I had my tonsils removed in a very simple procedure on Dec 30th. The Dr told Tim the tonsils were actually much worse than he had originally thought, and he was very happy that I had decided to have them removed. He couldn't believe how big they were.

The first day, right after the surgery, was great!! The anesthesia was still lingering in my system, making it very difficult to be awake and or aware for very long. My tongue was the only discomfort I had at all!! The last 2 days, though, have been challenging. I am soo glad to know that God walks with us every step of the way, though!!

Eli is staying with my Mom and Dad in PA and having a great time. He calls us each morning and wants to know if we are ready to come and pick him up. "I love you, Mommy and Daddy!!" he says so sweetly in the phone.

I am quite eager to get the pain to at least a tolerable level without being so groggy :) I will also be glad to get rid of the 15 pounds of fluid I've put on in the last 48 hours. I have on a purple jogging suit today- I told Tim I feel like the little girl that loved to chew gum on Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory.... hehehe Doopity doo.... and turned into a blueberry!!

I am only on my 3rd day of recovery, though, so I will rejoice in all the small things!! Thank you God that I can sleep, for family and friends praying for us and loving us and taking care of us. Thank you for speedy recovery and that I find that wonderful balance- doing just enough to speed healing and recovery, but not too much to set me back.

I am soo thankful that my tonsils are out now, so I can look forward to much better health all around in 2010!!!!

Happy New Year to Everyone!!

No comments: