Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Great Weekend

I've been trying to figure out how to get pictures from my phone to our blog. This post will soon have pictures, I hope!!

I worked Sat at the New Concord store. I thought my plans for the weekend (going to visit Mom and Dad) had been canceled, so when they called in great need of a pharmacist to cover the store, I was glad to volunteer. What a great day I had. I lived in New Concord in the mid 90's, and I saw some people I know but hadn't seen for a while and met some great staff!!!

Well, the plans went back on for me to go visit my mom- so Tim brought Elisha over to the store (which is 45 minutes closer to PA) and then Elisha and I left from there and drove to PA. Words can not even begin to express how great it was to be home for even a little bit and visit with my Mom. We made a Tshirt for Papa with Elisha's hand prints on it and some pies. I was also able to have a delightful visit with some friends from Mom and Dad's church.

Mom and I went to the early service with Elisha- it was nice to see a lot of old friends I hadn't seen for a long time there, too. As I was getting up to take Elisha to the nursery for the sermon ( he forgot what the inside voice was all about..... :0) Pastor John called us up to the front and they prayed over us. It was the sweetest thing. They prayed for Tim and myself and for Elisha and the new family we are. It is amazing how big the family of God is, isn't it?

The playground by the elementary school after lunch was a HUGE hit. That is where the pics were taken. The slide, the swings and the little animals on the big springs.... a little guys dream land!

We drove back just after that and bypassed home to go to Columbus. We were able to surprise Tim on Father's day with our presence and our presents :0) It was a great day!

No comments: