Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 5, 2008

What is this....

What is this amazing feeling I feel deep inside? I catch myself looking at your picture and it makes me smile- from the inside out. I'm finding it easier to laugh, and to cry- but more tears of joy than so much angst. I watch you try something new for the first time. Then again. Then again. And yet again. You are learning to master new skills so quickly.

You put your shoes on for the first time tonight- all by yourself- and on the right feet!!!! I just wish they weren't muddy so we didn't have to take them right back off. *wink*

As with most things in my life now- this is the continuation of that thought- several days later.....you woke up as I was writing the previous feelings..... :0)

I worried that I might not have enough love for you and your Papa, and one of you might feel slighted. But this most amazing thing is happening in my heart. It is so hard to describe. Love seems to multiply there now- exponentially. I have areas in my heart I never knew existed. I am awed and humbled to realize that I really have no clue or idea of how much love God actually has for me- and you- and everyone. The depth of love just keeps on growing deeper. Thank you, God, for this little glimmer of what your love is for us. It is breathtaking.

May God continue to hold you close, little one, and I pray that we can teach you more and more each day about this amazing creator and God we love and serve. It makes my heart expand even more to hear you say ni ni jeje i looyoo jeje (translation: night night, Jesus! I love you, Jesus!!) as we get ready for bed. Keep talking to Him, sweet son of mine. His longing to adopt you into His family is even greater than ours was to adopt you into our family.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Beautiful thoughts!
How sweet what he says as he goes to bed.