Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

An Evening with Daduska at the park

Elisha and I went to PA over the weekend to visit my parents. Tim had to work a double shift (2 twenty four hour shifts) so we thought we'd go see my folks. Dad and I took Elisha to the playground at the elementary school to play on the equipment. Elisha had a blast, and so did Dad and I!!
He climbed through the tube to get over to the slide. He is becoming more and more agile. It amazes me to watch him grow and change.



After climbing through the tube, he grabbed the metal pole for support and discovered the amazing powers of electrostatic shock. Notice only 1 hand is closed here- the crackle was loud! He was trying to figure out what got him....later, on the bigger slides, by the time he got to the bottom, his hair was sticking straight out like he had his hand on an electrostatic meter at the science fair. I laughed so hard- poor Dad- everytime he'd go to catch Elisha, poor little guy would get shocked. Gave snap, crackle, pop a whole new meaning......


He really enjoyed the equipment. It was great to have Dad there- he was at the bottom of the slide to catch Eli and Baka stayed with him, too. (Baka- our little dog :0)

Notice the hand- he spent most of the day with his hands closed- every time he opened them, he'd touch some metal support and get shocked. He was having a blast with his Grandpa!

He'd look up and say, "Hi, Mama" after sliding down- what a heart warmer!!

He did not want to ride in the stroller anymore- so he asked to push it. Dad and I couldn't help but laugh as he'd run full steam and the front wheel would turn and next thing you know, he's going the opposite direction as the stroller did a 180..... too cute!
He loved the bouncy animals. He went around and wanted to ride on each animal. He'd put his hands up toward his mouth and make little munching noises while on the chipmunk. Makes me wish we lived closer to equipment like this where we are now. I LOVE being out in the country- but I miss some aspects of growing up in town as a child. The parks and grocery stores in walking distance, being able to jump on my bike and take off on side streets and ride for hours without fearing being run down by other cars- our lane now is a lovely little country lane- not the best for walking down the road with family or biking- especially with a little one.
So, after about an hour, we began to head back home- Elisha did not want to ride in the stroller, again, and Baka was dragging her feet, so we came up with this for a solution. I couldn't believe how long Baka rode in the stroller. She was quite content just sitting there. I'm still chuckling....

No comments: