Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Muskingum County Fair

We took Elisha to the Muskingum County Fair on Tuesday. We, of course, stopped by and had dinner first at the Rolling Plains Corn Stand. This is our church booth, and, as you've already guessed, our main seller is fresh corn on the cob. Yummy!!

We ran into an old friend of ours there and she decided to join us in our walk around, since she had some time to kill before she needed to be somewhere else. I must admit, I was a bit frustrated at first. I had wanted "family" time and for Elisha to be able to experience the fair with us. I soon learned that God provides gifts to us in many ways. This wonderful friend ended up sticking with us, pushing the stroller while I carried Elisha a little, carrying my purse (she wanted to make sure nothing happened to it as we had it on the seat of the stroller) and talking to Tim while Elisha and I rode the merry go round. If only we could see these things in hindsight.

I have been amazed at how the exhaustion of new motherhood makes my emotions that much closer to the surface. It seems I feel emotions much more quickly, more strongly and find it more difficult to control. Strange. I'll label it exhaustion for now.

We passed the Merry Go Round and Elisha was suddenly a very determined boy. He wanted to ride the horsey. So we went to the ticket booth and got our wrist bracelets and hands stamped.

So, here are some pics of Elisha on the Merry go round. He wasn't quite sure what to think at first. He had a huge smile on his face, and when the ride started, he was giggling. The kind that says,"I think I'm having fun. Yeah. This is fun. OK. Well, ...... Yeah, this really is fun!!" I was almost afraid he'd start crying- but then he saw his Papa and everything was great. When the ride was over he was signing "more" and saying more......

I had initially planned to take him on some more of the kiddie rides- but we soon discovered that the fair and all the stimulation suppressed what little control he had over his bladder (or on his desire to leave) and we needed to change his clothes. (No, he is not potty trained.....yet.)
So we changed him and walked around for a few more minutes and then he and Mama came home and Papa stayed and helped work and then close the fair booth for church.

Lovely day- and he seemed to enjoy seeing all the animals- he just wanted to pet them all. Not good when the animal weighs several hundred pounds...... :0)

2 comments:

sonya said...

Hi Guys,
Looks like Eli loves the merry-go-round; he is really growing. We now have 2 freshmen- Nick in high school and Lauren in college-my, my how times flies. They are both doing well-much better than their parents most of the time. Oh, don't stress over the potty training thing, lots of boys take longer-many a lot closer to 3 than 2. I hope to see you guys sometime soon, and meet Eli in person. Love you all, take care of yourselves. Sonya

Lori said...

Oh my goodness! I love the merry go round pics!