Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"The Call"

I was wrapping up work today, filling in at our Pavilion store, looking forward to going home. It had just turned 5:30 and we were just about to pull the gate down when the phone rang.

"Hmmm," I said, "It's 5:30- wonder if I should get that?" "Well, guess I'd better."

The voice sounded like Kristen's, but she wouldn't be calling me at 5:30- she is done at 5.........

It was Kristen!! She said to hang on a second while she got Tim on the phone. I almost collapsed- it couldn't be real- we were actually getting "the call" about our baby!!!!

She gave us the info she had about our son and then she sent the info to our email accounts. Tim was actually home- having had his teaching schedule changed at the last minute. He was looking at our child's picture at home, while we were both on the phone with Kristen. It was so amazing to hear him as he saw his son for the first time. "He's beautiful," he said in a hushed, awed voice. "This is incredible" I was almost thankful to not have been able to see the pictures, just to be able hear his reaction. Again, God is so amazing- I can't open any email at work- blockers are all up since it is part of the hospital.

So, tomorrow we contact Dr Douglas, the international adoption doctor, and see what he has to say- but we both feel in our hearts, this is our son. Thank you, Lord.

Lord, I am amazed by you.

We told our parents, then our siblings and then some of our closest friends- and it's not even official yet....... at least not on paper.


Tomorrow- the acceptance....

2 comments:

Lori said...

you made me Cry---AGAIN!

Molly said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
oh my goodness! i just read your posts and i was so behind in reading them and i saw the email susan sent a week or so mentioning you too and a trip, and then elya mentioned something, and then i read this, AND I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!