Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The "Hour of Power"

Amazing what a difference an hour can make, isn't it?

I came home from work this afternoon, hoping to make it to the Credit Union in time to withdrawal the cash we need to take with us. They had just received "new" money in, which we need for our journeys around the world.

So, as I am driving home, I am thinking about what we need to pack, what we need to do, what else needs to happen, etc. I know that Tim's mom has already rec'd the packet that has our passports and visas, so I stop there first. They are really neat looking-a sticker that takes up a whole page in our passports.

I head across the way to our house, and in the time it takes to park the car, put down the garage door and walk downstairs, the Fed Ex truck is parked in the driveway!! Now, mind you, I was planning on spending about 15 min at home- just to let the dogs out! And all this took place in less than half an hour!!!!

So, she hands me 2 packages- one containing our tickets for the flight from Moscow to Kras and back, and the second containing the adaptor and surge protector for our electronic equipment. I hadn't even shut the door yet when the phone rang- It was another friend and fellow adoptive mom- She got submitted to the same region we are in!!!! After some hooting and hollering and praising God we chatted for a bit and I drove into Columbus.

The credit union had all we needed, and more. We got a roll of Presidential Dollars to use for tipping. And the cashier was wonderful- she had many great stories to tell of adoption stories and God working in Russia.

And then, to top it all off, as if all this wasn't blessing enough, I stopped at the Fire Station and had dinner with Tim and had some time to talk to him at work.

God, I am so amazed by you. Thank you for calming my fears and answering my prayers so quickly and completely. Thank you for your guidance for the rest of our Journey of Faith.........

2 comments:

Molly said...

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori said...

I'm that fellow adoptive Mom...YEH, Me!