Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Calm Amidst the Storm

Wow- who ever knew there was so much to this foreign travel? Now I know why I always like to have things done ahead of time....

God really sunk the lesson down deep over the last 18 months- Trust in me- I know the plans I have for you- Hold my hand and I will lead you-

He's been smoothing the way, preparing us for this journey. I've mentioned to several friends- I feel as if I am in a movie- where the screen if full of chaos- nothing stationary, everything moving at break neck speed, the camera sweeping back and forth so you feel you might be sick- the characters all running for their lives, the car about to go over the cliff, but... instead of the usual music and chaoticness with the heavy bass drum beat and the crazy music swirling all around you- it is just......hmmmm......... quiet, ..........peaceful, ...........almost ......relaxing- so if I close my eyes and concentrate on God, and breath deep in His presence,........instead of my surroundings, I feel this surreal peace- the actual "peace that passes all understanding" that we talk about so flippantly sometimes. Wow- it is amazing.......

Praying we get our visas back with our original passports by Tuesday and our airline tickets sorted out this weekend, everything packed in our limited space and all our paperwork in order.

Thank you Lord that your ways are not our ways, your thoughts are not our thoughts, and that you have everything worked out already- all we have to do is "walk ye in it."

Thank you for this deep peace- and thank you for continuing to surround our son with your perfect love- preparing him even now to meet us- to know that we are the parents you have been raising up for him. I selfishly pray for the maximum amount of time to be with him while we are there.

As Andrew would say- God- You Rock!!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

You're Awesome and your attitude continues to encourage me...

Prayers!
Lori