Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 15, 2007

Silence

In silence we can hear God's still small voice more clearly. Could that be because in the silence, in the waiting time, we seek His face more earnestly?

"Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10

This last week has been somewhat difficult for me. I have felt like Pigpen, from Charlie Brown, surrounded by a cloud of ..... well, not dirt, but more a depressed attitude- fear, bitterness- all the things that His light drives out of the shadows. I've been praying for the "Son shine" to fill my heart and soul so much that the rays would ooze from every pore.

"Let him have all your worries and cares, for he is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you." I Peter 5:7

Why is it so difficult to leave everything in God's most wonderful, capable hands?

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray I will listen. You will find me when you seek me, if you look for me in earnest. " Jeremiah 29:11-13

Why do I keep taking back the worries and cares, thinking I can do anything about them, just by thinking about and worrying about them? God tells us to cast all our cares on Him- the author and the finisher of our faith. Thank you, God that you are writing my story, and that I am written on the palm of your hand.

When the silence becomes most deafening, it is then that I realize it has really not been quiet all along. In the silence and the stillness, that is where you are continually talking to me, if I would only take the time to shut out the loudness of everything around me and bask in your presence, listening to your voice. Thank you. Thank you for everything in my heart. You truly are AWESOME!!

I Love you!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Debbie, I had already read this post and I cried when you wrote I love you to the Lord at the end...your testimony is awesome!

Prayers!
Lori