Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Phone Call

Had another very busy day at work today. Was just about caught up when I heard my cell phone ring- which is amazing, because I don't have service at work, usually. It was Kristen, our family coordinator. She was just calling to touch bases with me- we hadn't talked for a little while.

She then told me that several families that had been in process longer than us would most likely be placed in our region, due to difficulties in the regions where they had hoped to be placed. There was a great probability that they would be placed ahead of us for submission to a baby home, so we still may not get submitted to a specific baby home this month, but hopefully would. She was waiting to hear. Then, after a few minutes of clear reception, it became difficult to hear, so I asked it she could call me back in about half an hour on the phone at work.

I called Tim to tell him, and as I was telling him, realized that this could mean that we would be well into next year before finalizing our adoption. I must admit, I selfishly shed a few tears. But I went to the restroom, dried my eyes and said, "Though I've cried out for an answer, I believe that I can say, Thank you, Lord, for every answer You've delayed." This is the last line of the song I posted a few weeks ago, called In The Waiting. I dried my eyes and focused back on God. He knows what the perfect timing is for our child to come home.

Half an hour later, I, all caught up for the moment with patients, decided to call Kristen- she was on the other line, calling me :0) She found out we had been submitted already to a baby home!!!!!!! I can't believe it. I really had given it all back to God and felt wonderful knowing that He was in control. I was thanking him for all the people I know of that were planning on that region that had been closed, knowing that they would be finding out soon about the children God has for them, thinking how we'd be doing the happy dance together for them. Now I get to do it for me!!!

He is SOOO amazing!!!!

Next call- our referral {=0)}

No comments: