Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 15, 2008

Buds and Dreams

Just one more thought before I go to bed tonight. Last year, mid-October, I spent a monday planting bulbs. I almost felt like I was going to kill myself getting all 200 bulbs in the ground around the front of the house. At one of my points of highest frustration, I suddenly stopped. I thought- I should enjoy this time now. Once we get a child or children, I won't have a day to just spend outside like this. I remember praying that our child would be able to see the bulbs growing and that we would be able to enjoy watching them together.

The next day, at the end of work, we got the call for our referral. We met our son 2 weeks to the day that I prayed that prayer and gave it all up to God.

Tim said yesterday to a friend of ours, since we'll be coming home at the end of March, the tulips will probably all be pushing their way up just about the time we get home.

HHHMmmmmm........... Thank you, God

I feel like it should be whispered, reverently- Thank you, God. You answer our prayers so many times after we've forgotten what we've prayed for. Thank you, God!! You are awesome beyond all we could ever hope to understand.

Thank you, God!!!

3 comments:

Kushmama said...

So unbelievably happy for you! we will be with Chris and Penny in Kras while you are there! We are so looking forward to meeting you as Penny adores you both and you are the topic of many conversations during our weekly family night at my parents! See you on the other side of the globe in just a few weeks!! Love and prayers, Sister of Chris and Penny:)

Deb said...

That's so neat. I'm so glad you remembered that prayer.

sonya said...

Debbie, Keep up the wonderful, uplifing "posts" please. I continue to lift you and Tim in my prayers and it is so great that the prayers of many are coming true. You are going to make a great MOM. Love and Prayers, Sonya