Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Every day miracles

Thank you all for your prayers!! I can feel them, and I can see God answering them already!! How amazing is that?

We were able to get the documentation all together that we need for our house- thank you to all for your helpful suggestions!- Our paperwork is ready to go to Columbus and get apostilled Friday.

One document was not scheduled to be delivered until thursday at 7pm. I prayed so hard we could get this all done, and was disappointed when I saw that. Only it didn't come tomorrow at 7- it arrived this afternoon!! Can you believe it? Thank you for praying- and thank you God for these small everyday miracles!

Work was fabulous today. We weren't too busy and I was able to show the new pharmacist most of the "ropes"- all the things we do and the way we've done them. I got together stuff and threw a party for her today, too. My wonderful staff also got together and surprised me- they all brought in great things for our son. I think I realized today that even though I won't be manager of this pharmacy any more, I will still be a part of the family there. How cool is that to realize?

My heart is coming to terms with my mind about the whole doggy thing, too. Though it is not easy, I can talk about it without crying. Part of me wishes animals had souls, so I knew I'd see her again. The other, more practical part, chimes in and says that if she had a soul, I wouldn't be putting her to sleep........ Ahhh, the practical mind. Sometimes I wish I could shut it off....... hmmm.

Everything is coming together, as I knew it would. God has shown Himself so faithful through this whole process. He has become such a rock for us, especially me, as I learn to lay more and more at His feet. I'm sure this is a good thing since I know I'll need to remember that as we raise a child.

Thank you for your continued prayers. We leave tuesday. Less than a week away!! We'll be holding our son in less than 2 weeks. That is soooo incredibly exciting. Our friends we travelled with in October are in Krasnoyarsk now and had a successful court date on Tues. We are sooo excited for them and can't wait to see them in country again.

Well, that's the update for now. Praises and thanks to God- He has such beautiful orchestration.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Praise God for each small answered prayer.
What great coworkers you have to surprise you with gifts. It's nice to be part of such a great extended family.

So exciting that you'll be able to see your son again soon. I'll be praying all the last minute details fall into place this weekend before you leave.

The Wilson's said...

Isn't it amazing how all the little things just come together and those things that we worry about just fall into place. So glad to hear that your document troubles have been resolved. I be looking forward to hearing about your trip to Krasnoyarsk.
Wendy

Shannon said...

Don't you just love all of the miracles, big and small, that have happened along your journey to your son. Praise God!

Can't wait to see Eli's beautiful little face. I'll be praying for a safe journey for Both of you on Tuesday. God Bless you both!

Alicia Vallee said...

Hi Tim and Debbie! It's Alicia. I'm enjoying your posts and can't wait to hear more about your travels to meet Eli. Praying for your safety and for an expedited process. Best of Luck! Can't wait to meet the little guy, he's welcomed by a very large and loving family :)

I'm very sad to hear about your doggie. 4 days before Christmas we had to say goodbye to our 16 year old lab, Clay. I never knew I could cry so much. We sure miss him. May I suggest mixing up a little plaster of paris and taking a paw print. I know it sounds silly, but it actually helps. My mom took an impression of Clay's paw and framed it in a shadow box with our favorite photo of him and a few of his old dog tags. It's a great reminder of him and actaully makes me smile when I see it. I know you're going to be really busy(er) these next two days but I think it will help carry on the memories of your loving pooch.

Anyway, travel safely, have fun and GOOD LUCK! I'll be praying and reading all about it!