Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 1 as Papa and Mama


Long version:

OK folks, keep praying for these children to find homes. It is working!!! We met another couple at breakfast here to adopt. They are getting a little girl- sibling to the 2 children they adopted a few years ago. It is making a difference for this one……

We left for Sosnovoborsk this morning around 8. When we arrived- they said go on up. So we made our way to the music room. There was music practice today. The children were all sitting there singing along with the director, learning songs, using music makers. I am so impressed with this orphanage. These children receive a lot of stimulation and care. Andre, the Dini’s son came in and joined them.

A few minutes later, the door opened again and the care giver came in with Sergey by the hand. He stood there looking uncertain. I knelt down and said, “preveet, Selugia” hi, Sergey, and he came right over to me. I scooped him up and he held me close, too. He gave me such a big hug. I’m not sure I’ll be able to fly home. My heart is growing so big day by day that I’m sure it will exceed the weight limit by the time it is time to leave.

We had a great day today. I took the mylenke miska, little bear, from Mamaw Bernadine today. Boy did he love that. He kept picking it up, making it dance, holding it close. He really loves the lotion. Kept wanting that to be put on his hand. I put a little bit on his hand and helped him rub it into Papa’s arms. Sergey seemed to like that a lot. And again, my boys smelled great- like baby lotion .

We did crackers. Mylenke zholte areba- little yellow fish- aka goldfish. He doesn’t seem to know how to chew. The crackers get stuffed in, as many as I’ll give him, all stuffed in at one time. My little squirrel. He seems to gum them and swallow as they dissolve. I’m sure that when you spend all your time with 17 other small children, you don’t leave your snack and you shovel in as much as you can in as little time you can to get as much as you can. Chris and Penny had warned us about this when feeding them- make sure the mouth is empty before shoveling more in….

It was fun watching Tim and Sergey roll all over the floor together. And Sergey loved to bounce on my legs as I was laying on the floor- Kinda like Car-Car, Mom…

Well, one more group of children came in to sing and we found it was time to leave. Sergey the driver was going to let me bring my son back to his playgroup again, but we got intercepted in the hallway leading up to the baby room. Sergey, our son, was very content to stay in my arms, which was awesome! He finally went to this caregiver when she reached over to take him from my arms. I leaned over and gave him a kiss, and said ya tibia lyu blyu, I love you, and paka, bye- he waved to us.

Well, we got back and are now on our way out to meet with a local missionary from CT. Will give more details later.

Hey- I’m back!! We had a great time with N. tonight. After dinner at a small pizza place, great conversation and travel around Krasnoyarsk, we picked up her friend and went to church. How cool is that? The pastor is on furlough in the US right now, but the deacons are taking care of the flock. Tonight was the Wed night prayer service. N. gave us the synopsis of what was going on. She introduced us and everyone was really delighted to see us. They wanted to know how old I was, how long we’d be here, if we could come back on Sunday. It was so nice to be able to get out and share fellowship with other believers. Of course it doesn’t hurt to be told you look very young and beautiful. No siree, not a bit does that hurt. Kinda helps when you’re thirty-something and have just “given birth.” Yep. Pretty nice fer shure….

We may be able to hook up with N. again on Friday to go to the museum, or maybe on Sunday for church. We are praying with N. that everything goes through quickly for her residency status here. All her paperwork is in. She is just waiting now to hear that she can stay another 5 years. Thank you all for joining in with me on this for her.

So, back in the room. Did laundry earlier. The room is not nearly as dry- it is kinda fun living out of a hotel room. Kinda like LOST in Siberia. We are in our own little pseudo world. We try occasionally to break out and make contact with the locals. We are getting braver as each day passes. I think maybe we’ll venture out to the toy store tomorrowJ Any who, picture our classy hotel room with a clothes line strung between the 2 windows totally pregnant with socks, briefs, shirts and pants. Ahhhhh, the joys of roughing it. What an adventure. Thanks for all your prayers. Day 1 has been incredible.

Looking forward to day two with much gusto!

Short version:

Saw Sergey today. Met a nice lady from CT- local missionary. Went to church. Did laundry.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I would love to have contact info for N is she is will to entertain us a little and take us to church as well???

Heather said...

I was so blessed to read all your entries this week and to finally see your little one! Oh my goodness! I'm so happy for you right now. It sure makes my day brighter to see how God is working so wonderfully so many miles away. Thanks for sharing your story...and your heart in your blog. Heather

Deb said...

I haven't been able to stop and read all the details but I wanted to say Congratz on a great court date.

Melissa S. said...

Hello my kindred spirit! I am glad your labor is finally over! I believe you may have set the world record.

I think my heart has grown through reading your wonderful posts. I could not stop the tears. Those darn hormones! We are overjoyed and praise God for His timing and answered prayers.Thank you for continuing to share your joy and friendship with us. We are praying for you all every day (several times)and little miss can't wait to meet this new friend we have been talking about!

We love you!