Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Quick Update

Hey all, just a quick update. Our WiFi ran out, so I'm on the free computer on the 4th floor. But it's for everyone to share, so I can't stay on for long.

WE are done!! We have all the paperwork. We are officially parents of Elisha Sergey Swingle, registered in Moscow, and who will become a US citizen as we touch down on US soil. We are looking forward to that moment, let me tell you!

We leave tomorrow, Thurs, around noon Moscow time, about 5am EST. We'll all arrive home in Ohio around midnight. That will be a long day- I'm hoping our son will sleep soundly through much of the trip. Our first flight is 12 hours long- I am so glad that we were able to get a child's meal ordered for Eli. That should be great for him- wonder what is in it? I have a lot of snacks lined up, in case it isn't palatable to him. Second flight only a little less than 2 hours with a 5 hour layover in Atlanta. Hopefully we'll be able to relax to get to the needed gates and get Eli through customs and ushered into citizenship.

We have found he likes KFC. The chicken better than the fries :)

I had a **difficult** situation today at naptime *wink*- It is so hard to be the Mama when they are so stinking cute. He laid down and was crying a little. Then he looked up and smiled and "fake" closed his eyes. I turned around and he was standing up looking at me with a grin. This game continued a couple of times. Then I laid down on the bed across from him and told him to lay down. He did. Then popped up, and was playing peak-a-boo with me through the playpen. It was so cute, I almost couldn't keep from laughing at him.

But I knew I had to be Mama, not partner in crime. I think sometimes we'll be able to have fun together, just not when I've told him to lay down for his nap :0)- Can't wait to get home and get in a routine.

Sooooo, until next post- from the other side of the world----

PAKA Russia!! Preeveet USA!!!

5 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

Yay! You're almost home :) I'll pray for the flight home to go smoothly.

Heather

3 became 4... said...

Debbie-
Oh, you are going to have SO MUCH fun when you get home!
Blessings and prayers for a smooth trip home!
In Christ,
Lyn Franks

Chris Goeppner said...

Woo Hoo! Can't wait to hear from you guys once you're home!
I wish our youngest would play peek-a-boo at nap time, right now he is doing is regular screaming for nap time.=)
Love Ya!
C & P

The Wilson's said...

It won't be long now and your life can start settling into normal. Safe travels on your way home!

Kushmama said...

God bless America, huh?? So happy for you guys to finally be home and starting a NORMAL LIFE with your baby boy. (Life in a small hotel room for a month doesn't qualify as normal in any way!)

Can't wait to hear how the plane trip went and baby's reaction to everything in his new home:)

Love you guys!

Beth & Dave