Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 30, 2008



After 12 hours sleeping, Eli was ready to go on Saturday. It was a good day. While Papa went to get his hair cut, Mama and Eli went outside for a walk. Debbie mentioned, just before our referral last fast fall, of some 200 bulbs that she had planted and how tried she became. During the planting, she thought that her time doing gardening may be limited if we ever got our referral. She, also, went on to think that she should enjoy the time she had to do it. This was the day before we got the pictures of Eli.

During our last days in Moscow, we were walking on one of our many explorations for food, and we passed a lady selling daffodils. I said to Debbie that her bulbs would be poking out of the ground for some sun when we got home.

So, Debbie and Eli, while walking around our house, discovered her bulbs were poking out of the ground. What a pleasant surprise. The labor of planting and waiting. Not just for bulbs and flowers, but for something far more. We plant seeds in the ground with the faith that something marvelous will come from that tiny seed. God planted in our hearts the tiny seed of faith and hope, and at times, we began letting our faith wane and hope fade. But God’s word will not come back void. What he says, he will provide. And He gave us a son! And He gave us His Son. What two wonderful gifts.

Last night we decided to head over to Columbus and have pizza with my crew at the firehouse. Saturday night is always something we look forward to at the firehouse, because Saturday is pizza day. We make pizza and everyone always eats too much. What a job I have!:) So, the trip was a total success. Eli was a traveling trooper. He was sitting high enough in his car seat to see through the FRONT window. When he wasn’t looking out, he was sleeping. On the way home, he slept all the way home. About an hour drive. Being the caring parents that we are and not wanting to awake a sleeping giant. We decided to change the diaper and put on the sleeper, skipping the bath. Good choice. He slept until around 0700 today.:) I think he is getting the hang of it.

We had such a good day on Saturday; we decided to make our first trip to church. Thinking we would sort of lay low and not over whelm him with lots of people, we headed upstairs to the sound room in the mezzanine. This worked until the music stopped, then Eli thought he would continue the singing. Debbie headed back down stairs to the lobby with Eli. I followed shortly to help keep the noise level to a minimum. We walked all around the lobby area ending up at the east exit doors looking at the cars driving by through the window. I was holding Eli at this point, looking through the window, not really paying any attention to him, when all of a sudden I hear this click.

Now, in my mind, I know exactly what has just happened, even before I look. But, this can’t be. I would never allow my child to do such a thing. I turn my head and look at Eli’s head holding the fire alarm pull station. Keep in mind the church service hasn’t ended…yet? Debbie is trying to fold the handle back into place, all of the strobe lights are now flashing and the horns are issuing a sound similar to that of stepping on a duck. I still can’t believe that my son has done such a thing. I have responded to many of these type alarms, only to find that a child has been responsible. Now, my child is the responsible party…or maybe…I am?

So, being of sound mind, I run to the phone and dial 911, talk to the dispatcher and explain the source of his impending call from the monitoring company of the fire alarm system. Meanwhile, the church service in now over, all of the attendees are now filing out of the building along with, nursery and children’s church. The strobe lights still flashing and horns blaring.

It takes me a few moments to find the keys to reset the pull station, and then back to the front of the building to silence the blasted duck! Good times!!:) Welcome to parenthood. (for those wondering about my actions with the fire alarm. I happen to be the Assistant Fire Chief and Fire safety inspector having jurisdiction over the church)

After visiting with many folks, that now know that we are in attendance and our son is the responsible party for the shortened version of church, we head off to my families annual Easter dinner.

Following a short nap on the floor at the church we were meeting at for dinner, Eli is ready for action…or eating…his favorite past time.

We visit with family for short period and drive home. Play with our new source of entertainment. Feed him again, bath and off to bed. He goes to sleep without any extended protest. Another successful day of parenthood.



Does this look like the face of one that induce panic?









Look out Mr Potato Head- you have some serious competition here....



1 comment:

sonya said...

OH MY MY!!!!!!!!!

Debbie and Tim, I love the pictures, he is so beautiful (and yes I will call him beautiful until he like my, Nicholas Eli, will one day insist that "Mom, GIRLS are beautiful" and "BOYS are handsome). The middle picture is a heartbreaker, those beautiful eyes and the top one screams "WHO ME?" ("Do I look like someone who could cause such chaos?") Welcome to the world of parenting a little boy. I am so glad that you are home and safe and doing so well, just imagine his delight within a week or two as the flowers begin to bloom (and watch out for fast little hands and an open mouth). Debbie, take care of yourself and Tim, I hope Eli doesn't think there is supposed to be that much excitement every service. Love, Sonya