Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2008

New Mama Brain Fog

It is the most amazing thing. I have these complex amazing thoughts now.... I think. At least I'm pretty sure I do. But by the time I realize I'm having them, they're already gone. :0)

It's so funny. I have to tell you how blessed I was by some very special people. We got home and when we walked in we saw that our house had been stocked. The counter was full of all the essentials, the fridge had been cleaned out and stocked and the stove top was cleaned. There were signs welcoming us and a breakfast casserole in the fridge that just needed to be baked. We even have an Easter Basket compete with fresh flowers. I can't even express what all this meant to me and still means to me. Pam and Paula, Thank you for doing this!! To our small group- the meals are so awesome. I didn't think we would need them- but I didn't know about this thing called brain fog with a new child either.

Here is my profound thought that I actually wrote down so I wouldn't forget. Here it is.......

Longing for the future has made me cherish the present so I don't regret the past.

It is an amazing concept I hope I can keep at the forefront of my brain. As I'm busy trying to get our bags unpacked and clothes washed and meals cleaned up and all the other stuff that goes with day to day living, I realize that this is such a precious time with my child. He won't always want to spend time with mama playing with him. All too soon he'll want to go off with the big boys and their toys and mama will be left behind, baking cookies, hoping for a small morsel of love being expressed from this young man who used to sit on my lap and want to play with me. So, I set aside the laundry. It can wait. I leave the dishes in the sink. They can wait, too. I put aside my thoughts of reorganizing the shelves so I can be more efficient with meal preparation. And I do the important thing for this time. I sit on the floor and play with my son. I marvel at his little personality. I bask in his smiles and wonder what God feels like when we look at Him like that.

So, I am opting to spend every moment I can with this precious gift from God while I can.

May God so bless your life that your priorities are set by Him.....

3 comments:

Lori said...

time to change that ticker...:0)

sonya said...

Debbie, What a GREAT "PROFOUND THOUGHT"; sounds like you are doing great and remember new moms (all moms for that matter) need their rest too. Allow yourself to rest while he is napping, at least occasionally. Take care, Sonya

Deb said...

What a great blessing to come home to a clean and stocked house.
I hope to remember that thought when I bring our child home. Spending time with them while they are young is so precious.