Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Short Accounts

Ok- I know you are all dying to hear what's going on- here are the short versions- I'll try to get details in later.

Friday eve:
Picked up Eli from orphanage. He was not a happy camper. Finally got quieted-then he was fine. Very wide eyed in van- about 15-20 min from hotel- he puked all over us- Mount Vesuvious has a rival!
So much for not bathing :)

We rushed him in when we got here- gave a bath- went soooo well- with the inflatable duck tub from Target.

Had light dinner and then to bed just a bit past 9-very little fuss.

He slept till 6:30am- no waking- I know because I was awake all night listening for him. I was a light sleeper before- ........

Sat am- he woke up- day went smoothly- stuck to the schedule. Tim started feeling poorly. Went to toy store with Eli- got a potty seat- he's peed several times in the potty seat and pooped on the big potty. How amazing is that? We are quite blown away by it.

For all you following behind us- STICK TO THE SCHEDULE!!! He has done so well.

Bedtime was about 8:30- both nap and bed- laid him down- no fuss!!

Last night was rough. Eli slept all night- but Tim has been feverish- he was sooo hot. I am so glad Eli is doing well- we tried to stay very quiet today so Papa could sleep and recover more quickly.

I'm pretty sure it's strep. Sounds like maybe a flu bug on top of it. My friend N. was able to get us the Russian version of Bactrim today to get him started- Hallelujah!! We've all been praying soo much. I think his fever broke sometime this am, and since he started the antibiotic this afternoon, he is already starting to feel slightly better. Many prayers would be appreciated.

So, no blogging for a while- sorry. The WiFi has been up, but we've been down.

Can't wait to have time to give the detailed posts. Many would say it'll never happen. It may- it may just take a little longer to get it done.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my 2 guys? SOOOO MUCH!!!

More later

5 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

I loved all the photos and descriptions! I'll pray for Tim's health to continue to improve.
Heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Deb said...

Sticking to the schedule sounds like it's working great for you guys. I'm sure that it's tough sometimes but in the long run makes things so much easier.

Sounds like he is adjusting well to his new life already.

I'll be praying for Tim to feel better and that you and Eli don't catch the bug.

Mike & Dee said...

Sounds like you guys have an outstanding handle on being great parents!

Sorry to hear Tim is sick. We will be praying for his quick recovery, and that it doesn't move to Deb and Eli.

Love ya guys,

Mike & Dee

Chris Goeppner said...

We are so excited for you guys! Prayers for Tims health and Eli's adjustments. We can't wait to go to Disney with you all!!!

Carey said...

So glad to finally hear from you again. I've honestly been worried wonering, BUT praise the Lord it sound like Mr. Eli is doing great. I'm praying for a quick recovery for Tim and that you both stay away from the sickness, too.

LOVE the pics!