Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hey Baby, It's Snowing outside :0)

It has been snowing for the last few days. We went to MOPS (Mothers of preschoolers) at church this am, and after lunch, Mama decided we needed to get out and play for a little bit. (Cabin fever has been gaining a reputation around these here parts....)

We got all bundled up and headed out- thinking we'd shovel for just a little bit. Since he doesn't have a snow shovel- he just used his garden shovel- after a few minutes, we headed down into the snow and made our first snowballs. His little mittens just weren't doing his little hands justice. So, on to the next thing....

On we went to our first snowman.....For only spending about 5 min or less on it, his little friend turned out pretty well, don't you think? I can't wait to see what Papa comes up with- he is the snow expert.
We will have such fun playing together!! I can't wait!!


Then it was time to head in for the afternoon nap. What a trooper- only a few tears as we shucked the winter gear and went back inside.

I remembered we had to fill the humidifier reservoir, so I told him to go ahead upstairs, get the stool, put up the lid, pull down his pants and diaper and go potty and I'd be right up. He has never done this completely by himself, so I didn't think he would today, but as I walked up the steps with the water a few minutes later, he came running out of the bathroom with his top and socks on, excitedly telling me how he went got his diaper off and went Pee Pee all by himself. Aaahhhh!!! My little boy is growing up!! I am so incredibly proud of him!!

On to dreamland, little guy, on to dreamland......

No comments: