Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Only 3 days left!!

Tim has been gone for 5 days now. I thought it would get easier, once we passed the "humpday" and were on the downhill side of things. It hasn't. Could you imagine how close we'd be to God if our hearts longed for him and we jumped every time He whispered to us as we do when our loved ones are far away?

Tonight, after Elisha's bath, I was getting him ready for bed and he tapped himself on the chest and said, "Papa!" He has a game of pretending to be other people- or animals..... he's been a billie goat all week.... :0)

I said, "Well, if you are Papa, come give me a hug, 'cause I miss you!!" and he came over and tapped my chest and said, "Eli!" I said, "You want me to be Eli?" "Yeah," he answered. I said, "OK, Papa- what does Papa want to say to Eli?"

He came to me and gave me the biggest hug- holding on to me for at least a couple of minutes, and then gave me kisses. Folks, I can tell you, it was hard to hold back the tears!!

We went into his bedroom and sat on the rocker. I was holding him close and whispered, "Time to pray, Elisha." "Gi fon, ka Papa?" he replied.

"No sweetie, Papa is still in Haiti- only 3 more days and he will be home. I'm sure Papa is thinking about you and praying with us in Haiti right now, but we can't talk to him for a few more days."

Our group needed Tim's pick up truck to haul all the totes of articles we were taking to Haiti, so Tim's big red truck has been gone from the garage all week. Eli keeps talking about it, and I have explained that the big red truck is at the airport, waiting for Papa to come home so it can drive him home from the airport.

So, his next response is, "Papa dri big lred truck home now???"

He's having a little more separation anxiety from me, too, but I think that's totally understandable.

Lord, thank you for allowing Tim the opportunity to serve in a foreign country and shine your love to others. Thank you for blessing him and drawing him ever closer to you. Thank you for blessing the team and the project and giving peace to those family members left in the states, missing and praying for them.

Rest well, My Darling. Only 3 days left!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hmmm...little boys and their daddies...