Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Home at last :0)

Just a brief note- Tim made it home just a little before 2am. I was sooo excited to see him home. I can't imagine what our brave men and women who have loved ones serving overseas must go through- if I feel this after only 8 days!!

We sat in front of the wood burner in the basement and talked for a little while, him catching me up on all our friends in Haiti and some of the adventures he had. It was COLD!! (Thus sitting in front of the wood burner.... :0) So- it was going on 3 by the time we finally collapsed in bed.

Elisha woke just a little before 7. Oh, I was soo hoping he would sleep in a little bit since our night was so short. I quickly turned off the monitor and headed up the steps, hoping to let Tim sleep a little longer.

When I got up there, he looked at me when I came in and said, "Papa home? Leep in bii bed? Go waa Papa?? Gii up??" as he was jumping up and down in super great excitement.

I had thought to try to keep him quiet for a little bit, get him dressed and maybe even start breakfast, but when I saw how excited he was, and that he remembered that Papa would be home in the morning when he woke up, and he had missed him sooo much during the week and had been so brave, I didn't have the heart to delay him seeing his Papa any longer.

I scooped him up out of his crib, nuzzled him close, kissing him all over and said, " You want to go see Papa now and wake him up?"

"Well, Yeah!!!" he quickly and loudly replied.

So, without even stopping off to go potty or change diapers, we went very quickly down the steps and he ran over to the bedroom door. I opened the door, and in he flew, climbing so quickly up the bed.

"Papa, Papa!!!! Papa leep in bed??? Papa, Papa" he cried repeatedly, with great joy as he ran across the covers and fell on Papa, kissing and hugging him all over. Our bedroom is quite cold now- in the mid 50's, so I jumped back in bed and pulled the covers over us all. He was just a little wiggle worm, couldn't get enough of touching, hugging and kissing his Papa. Then he leaned over and gave Mama a little kiss. I'm still cherishing it!!

PS- the cake was a hit, with both the guys in my family :0)

1 comment:

Chris Goeppner said...

Hey! So glad your hubby is home with you again!;)
I'd love to chat sometime. Maybe sometime this week after 7?
I do not envy the weather you've been having lately! I'll take 70s and sunny anyday!;)
Blessings,
Penny