Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year Update

We are settling into a new routine as the new year is a little over a week old. Elisha got a new outfit for Christmas that came with a corduroy hat. He calls it his "drumming hat," and has to wear it as he is practicing.
Last week, Elisha figured out how to effectively climb out of his crib when he wakes up. So far it has only been at appropriate times- like when he wakes up in the morning and after his nap is over. I'm praying it continues to be at "appropriate times," though I can already hear the "experienced" mother's laughter coming at me thinking how "naive" I am to even think this. Who knows? I'm always hopeful!!

Monday night was our small group, and I had the wonderful privilege of bringing snacks. Charity and Brian had given us a gingerbread train kit for Christmas. What do you think, Charity? Turned out pretty good, didn't it? I made the caramel corn we had over Christmas, too.... Yummy!! The caboose is full of mixed nuts for something to break the sweet.



Yes, folks, my son is eating caramel corn!!!! He was going for the chocolate, but I was soon able to steer him towards the plain popcorn, apples, oranges and animal crackers we brought for the children. MMMmmmmmm.........

Here is a pretty sweet close up!! Making me hungry, just looking at it!!

We took the drum to practice. He did enjoy beating on it while we sang- but still wanted to play the big drums- "Jayon bii drum" (Jason's big drums) I think he's still catching up from being off his schedule for so many days...... but boy was it fun!!

No comments: