Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Riding home from work.....

Who would have ever thought that only working 2 half days and one full day this month would be treacherous? The cough Tim came home from Haiti with has become a full blown case of the flu, so he has been sleeping a lot, which is very unusual for him. I've been trying to allow him to rest as much as possible.

I woke this morning, thinking I might blow the snow off the drive before I left for work. When, lo, what to my wondrous eyes should appear, but the security light from my in-laws farm shining beautifully across the solid sheet of ice we call the fields between our homes.

That led to almost an hour on the phone, determining if the level 3 snow emergency in our county pertained to me- yes- today was one of those half days I mentioned. Lo and behold, it did not pertain to me!! and my employer, a very, very customer conscious man, feels that the pharmacy must always be open.

The wonderful woman I finally was able to get hold of said the exact words I needed to hear. Had she said anything including the following, I would have called off: black, ice, sheet of, impassable, etc. What she said was that it was really nasty, but mostly slushy. Phew!! slushy I can handle. When I saw my dog slide down the side of our yard (the grassy part) looking like Bambi on the ice for the first time, I was pretty concerned. Then, as I watched, a branch fell from a tree in our back yard- breaking into pieces when it hit, all those pieces skittering over the woods in our back yard as they would on a finely polished wet marble floor.

On my way home, I got a few snap shots. We were downgraded to a level 2 snow emergency by the early afternoon....

I was soo amazed that the pine trees all seemed so reverently bowed, as if they were praying, or kneeling before God.....

I saw very little road surface on my way home. We live out this lovely, quaint curvy farm and tree lined road. Oh the beauty of this season. I traveled slow, the camera just up and snapped in front of me- didn't even aim. Guess I like the aim and shoot for this reason....

This is actually a 2 lane bridge- barely. I wish I could capture the beauty in a snap shot!!! The trees are all ice and snow covered- one feels as if they are living in the vault with the queens diamonds on a day like today!!

This hill is kinda tricky. Sharp curve up a pretty good grade- You go, Subaru!!! My car handled soo well today. We just got it back yesterday from the shop having a little body work done. Made me a little more nervous to take it out today..... But the body shop cleaned out the inside and detailed it. I felt sooo special driving my very clean car today :0)This is what our driveway looked like from the road- you can see the edge of my in-law's mailbox in the lower left side of the pic. So glad I planted the oak trees all the way up the drive- it was kinda hard to tell where to drive....Amazing the difference a little sunshine can make, isn't it? This is a view from our back yard- Can you see the 5-7 inch icicles hanging all around the bird feeder? Seemed almost like a birdcage this morning.

Well, no more snow yet- the power (which had gone off just before I left this am) came back on just before 9 tonight. Kinda fun night- we had Tim's parents and sister's family over for dinner, since they had no power. I am so incredibly thankful, continuously for the generator Tim put in for us. What a difference it makes!!

Thank you, God, for the beauty all around us. Please help us to loosen our death grip on the wheel and look around a bit at the amazing sites you place before our eyes!

No comments: