Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Oh, the memories....

Our son's memory skills are simply amazing me!

We are planning another trip south next month, and I wanted to make sure Eli was OK with it, since the hurricane and tornadoes hit last time we went and there wasn't a lot of beach and play time.

He calls the beach "Papaw Biii nandbo" (Papaw's big sandbox) due to the description I gave him last year- he was playing in Mamaw and Papaw's little 3'X4' sandbox and I told him we were going to a sandbox bigger than our whole yard..... and he began calling it Papaw's BBBIIIIIGGGGG sandbox:0)

So, I mention that we would be going back. The first thing he says is, "Dry gra kaa?" We rented a car when we were there in October, and he was very sad to leave the grey car, so his first question was if we could drive it again.

Then he asked it we were going to "dry Papa lit'l gree Kaa" to the airport. It took me a minute, then I did remember that we had taken Tim's little green car to the airport, instead of our larger family car.

I guess cars are very important to him- he remembers them very well!!

Oh the fun and joy of watching his little mind grow and develop... I find it so hard to believe that we are coordinating our 1 year follow up report- he has been with us almost 10 months now. It seems like so much longer- as if we had never been apart since his birth. How amazing is God to bring that growth and bond to our lives.

Tim and I will be celebrating our 9th anniversary while in St Croix this year. What a time to think back and count our many blessings!!!

1 comment:

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

wow.. I got all caught up.. he sure has grown.. and I got teary eyed looking at your first Christmas pictures... so awesome!!!
what an awesome blessing!!