Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Over the River and Through the Woods....

Friday dawned. I was up early, making sure we had set aside everything we would need. Tim and Eli were headed off to Columbus to take back costumes from the drama at church. (Tim was a donkey- I sooo wish I could have taken a picture of that!!!)

Mamaw dropped me off for a steady day of work- though it was rather rainy. When Tim and Eli came by to get me around 5:30, it had slowed down raining, but was getting rather foggy. Not quite the best weather to see the lights at Oglebay by...

After a quick meal in Cambridge, we headed on out, and as we were approaching the I470 bypass around Wheeling, we caught a road sign out of the corner of our eyes telling us to use I470 for the festival. Or so we thought it said.....

After driving past where we thought it should have been, we decided to just go on over the river and through the woods, on to Grandma's house we go- to Pennsylvania for some homemade punkin' pie...... Oh- we also were able to listen to the lovely Christmas music while we traveled,,,, can you tell...... ? ***grin***

It was so nice to be home!! And we got in early enough that it wasn't too awful late to get Elisha tucked in for the night and talk for a little bit with my folks. I was so glad to have that time. Family time is sooo wonderful, but it is almost like going to a big event, like a wedding. There doesn't seem to be a lot of time to talk to the hosts of the event as they are so busy taking care of everything.

Sat morning dawned clear and beautiful!! Eli and I decided to go for a walk to the playground area at the local elementary school. Mom came with us- and, again, as I look back I treasure the few moments we had to live life at such a leisurely pace :0)


The sky was absolutely beautiful!! On one horizon, the clouds were trying to block the sun, but it was heroicly peaking through and beginning to dissipate the clouds with the help of the strong breeze blowing through.

Here are a few pics of Elisha with the other horizon in the background. Doesn't look like late December in South Eastern Pennsylvania, does it? It was B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.!!!!!!




Here is Elisha, swinging with Grandma, or Babuska- sometimes referred to as BuBu. Elisha was soo glad to see Grandma and Grandpa. I am so glad he remembers them so well from visit to visit and is not shy around them:0)

Saturday, after lunch, Mom had out the big exercise ball and the little basket ball in the living room for Elisha to play with. Uncle Justin mentioned taking him over to play basketball (or did Aunt Amity volunteer him for that???) and I told Elisha he had to take a nap first. If he remembered after his nap, he could ask Uncle Justin to go with him to play basketball.

Sure enough, a couple of hours later, I went up to get him out of bed. After finishing in the bathroom, as we headed down the steps, he looked up at me and said, "Baket Ball? Unca Junin pay Baket Ball Eli??"

I was floored. What a memory this child has- it amazes me!!

So, off to the parking lot across the street to play basketball......
Here they are doing the shots... I got a little video, too, which I may post later..... only my camera doesn't do audio.....**sighs** lol


No comments: