Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Colorful Language

I stand amazed.

Utterly amazed.

It really blows my mind if I let it.

I thought I loved my son before. I thought the love that had been growing for 2 years before we brought him home was so full. I was amazed when we got to Russia - I think I commented that I felt like the grinch- my heart growing many sizes more.

It continues to deepen.

The struggles, the tantrums, the screaming- they are fading. Almost as soon as they are over- and I don't remember. I feel these chubby little arms around my neck, I feel a sweet slobbery kiss on my face, I hear a Mama come from beautiful little lips.

What is God's love like? I know we describe it as boundless. I love my family. I love my husband- that really stretched my heart with all the love God gave me for my wonderful man- I thought I had just about achieved that love quotient that I was able to attain here on Earth. ( I know those of you with Grandchildren on your knees are smiling sweetly, thinking if you only knew what was in store for you.........)

I realize that I have only been seeing my love for our son in partial color. It seems more and more that God's glorious light is flooding the scene, making everything take on the most beautiful colors.

God's colorful language of Love- what an amazing blessing that He shares with us this side of heaven. Can you imagine what heaven must look like? Forget Claritin clear- I want God clear :)

Finished reading a book today. There was an amazing thought in it.

The author, Mae Nunn, in her book "Lone Star Courtship" closes her book out with a little note.

Dear Reader,
You've probably heard the saying that there is a God-shaped hole in your heart that only He can fill. But have you ever considered the opposite is true? There is a void in God's heart that will only be satisfied by you. Our Father created us to desire relationships with others, but more importantly to seek after an everlasting bond with Him. He misses you when you're too busy to hear His voice. He searches for you when you are lost in the pressures of the day. He hears when you call out in distress and He's always prepared to meet you where you are.
We live lives that are ten pounds of sugar in a five-pound sack. Eventually our seams will burst from the pressure if we allow the most important relationship to suffer. Don't wait for a crisis that forces you to bend your knee, be still and allow God to take control. Go to Him today with praise for the promise that all things work together for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.


Thanks Mae. These are good words.

Blessings to you all- and cultivate your hearts- grow this love- it is soo amazing to be experiencing it first hand now.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Powerful...thanks!

Heather Brandt said...

The book you mentioned sounds good! I look forward to the mommy moments you describe of feeling such overwhelming, growing love. Thank you for this post that reminds us of God's amazing love for us.

Heather

Heather Brandt said...

The book you mentioned sounds good! I look forward to the mommy moments you describe of feeling such overwhelming, growing love. Thank you for this post that reminds us of God's amazing love for us.

Heather

Kushmama said...

wow! those words are loaded! i'll have to pick up that book.